I got threw up on: FML

NightRider

I fixed one by removing the seats and interior, and hosing it out with a garden hose for a long long time. Seats and carpet on the driveway, same thing.

this!

I puked up taco bell in my old truck last year and I literally had to strip the entire interior twice just to get it all out. What a pain in the ass

I picked my 2yo from daycare and was told he had been getting fussy. I held him with him head on my right shoulder and heard him start to cry. Then I heard him puke. Prunes. All I could smell was sour prunes. My back and side were all warm and wet. I asked the daycare lady if there was any puke on my phone (belt clip) and she said no. Well, nothing I could do about it but go home. I walked to my car, scraped the solid bits off onto the floor and put him in the baby seat.

I set off driving north on 315 from Worthington Hill towards Powell and heard him start to fuss again. He puked again. Epic puke. From his centrally-mounted rear-facing baby seat he managed to get puke on the seats, both doors and the rear deck/window. PRUNES!!! SOUR PRUNES!!!

But then he stopped making noises - the angle of the baby seat meant he couldn't clear his airway - he was choking. I stopped the car in the middle of the road and got him out of the seat to clear his airway. (To the 7 or 8 cars that honked at me: F*ck you) Thankfully, no CPR needed.

We got back under way. I was sure that the smell of sour prunes would become the basis of nightmares for years to come. We made it another mile before he puked again. Again, it was epic. Again, he started choking and again I had to stop the car and get him out the seat to clear his airway. The whole back of the car was coating in a thin film of half-digested prunes - not one surface was spared.

Again, we got under way and this time made it back home. I handed the boy (literally dripping with prune puke) to my wife and got a shower. I figured it would take me a couple of hours to clean the prune puke out of the car. Well, I'll let you into a little secret... IT DOES NOT EVER GO AWAY. EVER.

After removing all of the seats, pulling up the carpet - steam cleaning the whole interior of the car down to the metal tub.... Nope. Prune puke. That's all that car ever smelled of after that. I tried all the tricks - baking soda, lysol, coffee grounds, commercial product, NOTHING worked. The bet I could do was leave the windows upon over the weekend and on monday morning it MIGHT not smell overpowering... After a hot day in the sun it would be like wiping a puke-covered rag over my nose.

About 3 years later I finally scraped up enough money to buy another car but had to sell this one privately. Left the windows open for days before the sale. The guy came and test-drove it. Loved the car. I kept thinking I hoped he chose to buy it quick before the smell came back. Right after we did the deal he drove me back to work. As I was getting out the car he said; "Hey, do you smell something, like rotten fruit or something?"

"Oh, I had cranberries with my lunch."

That was the last I saw of that car. According the the BMV records he sold the car again only a few months later.

• 1 year later...
i posted a response back in july 09 to this thread.... i would like to say i can't believe im staring at it yet again... i mean who can forget. ive been off the board for a while so this is quite hilarious to see on the "new posts" list STILL

And I bet that car still smells of prune puke. Or was burned.

i posted a response back in july 09 to this thread.... i would like to say i can't believe im staring at it yet again... i mean who can forget. ive been off the board for a while so this is quite hilarious to see on the "new posts" list STILL

:D:lol: