Looking for liter bike recomendations

Wheezle

Hahaha, I knew you'd pussy out. :D It can't be on coshocton roads, that's home turf advantage.

As for 600/1000, after riding both, it would definitely be 600 for track but 1000 for street all the way. When you're on backroads with a 1000 you don't have to ring the shit out of it to have fun and keep up with others. The torque that a modern 1000 has makes it a delight to run down backroads at 8/10ths

So, just curious who can ride a 1000 at 80% of the bike's ability? I smell a fish story...

Oh, and Ron, your question about 600s... You are right. Too many people avoid 600s and go big due to mis conceptions. Stick with what you got. They are better than people give them credit for...

I do agree in part with RSV though, but on different terms. The 1000 has low end torque to allow for lazy riding and not having to be way up in the revs. That's really it. However, most guys on liter bikes never see 80% of the bike's ability at all. Maybe you meant 80% of that rider's ability?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree in part with RSV though, but on different terms. The 1000 has low end torque to allow for lazy riding and not having to be way up in the revs. That's really it. However, most guys on liter bikes never see 80% of the bike's ability at all. Maybe you meant 80% of that rider's ability?

Sorry man after commuting on both the 600 and 1000 for a bit I'd hardly call it lazy riding in preferring the liter for that advantage.

I just got the new R1 in May and I love it. It has more than enough power and the torque is out of this world. If you are a big guy you should go with a big bike. The 600's are not bad but there is nothing like 1000cc's. By the way I will race your 600 in a straight line any day!

Sorry man after commuting on both the 600 and 1000 for a bit I'd hardly call it lazy riding in preferring the liter for that advantage.

I have to agree.

If you get bored with a modern 600 you need to check your pulse.

I get bored on the 600RR.

I still stick to my guns on the 1000 over 600 for commuting and playing on streets. Except for the part about 8/10ths, Lizard you we're correct in assuming rider's ability, not bike's ability.

Of course you can ride a 600 just as fast as a 1000 on the street, you just gotta work harder and rev the hell out of it. That's why I hated my CBR600.