Post your targets

Likwid

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damnit I can't see the image on my phone but I bet it was an X.

Did you have Coach Cherry?

Cherry was rifle team, but he and I are good friends (I ran the rifle club for a while, he got me put on the pistol team and did my instructor certification). Sweeney coached the pistol team.

check your trigger finger, if you're wrapping your first digit around the trigger and pulling it versus depressing it with the tip of your finger you'll usually pull to the left. But otherwise not bad homie, just some helpful advice because I use to pull to the left all the time and that was my issue.

I tried really focusing on that today with the new pistol but I still grouped to the left, I'm wondering if I need someone to watch me and show me exactly why I'm pulling... or I need to adjust my sights.

It is a funny vid , but the shirt works very well. Nice with full size gun and 2 extras clips. It fits tightly so you can run ,jump ,and ride wheelies!

The only thing that kills me about the video is that in their demo video they show the biggest flaw, even Mr Clean has trouble ripping his shirt open.

.308 @ 1000 yards.. Yes I said 1000 not 100.

Took 5 shots as fast as I could load and pull the trigger.

11 inch vertical string about a 5 inch horizontal string. Will post pics later.

Waiting to see, 1000 yards is always impressive.

Waiting to see, 1000 yards is always impressive.

Here is a vid from last winter shooting from 200-1000 at steel plates to hold you over until I can pull my last target pic from my other drive. I was developing my drop chart this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFJecEeUZ_8

This vid was just to show people how far away the different distances are as most people have not shot past 200 yards or so. Around the 130 mark you will hear one of my buddies saying they are headed to the mile target.. As in, they are shooting at the 12" disk that is 1 mile away. And yes it can be hit without too much trouble :)

Here is a vid from last winter shooting from 200-1000 at steel plates to hold you over until I can pull my last target pic from my other drive. I was developing my drop chart this day.

This vid was just to show people how far away the different distances are as most people have not shot past 200 yards or so. Around the 130 mark you will hear one of my buddies saying they are headed to the mile target.. As in, they are shooting at the 12" disk that is 1 mile away. And yes it can be hit without too much trouble :)

Impressive! I'd love to try some long range shooting, but I don't have access to a high powered.

M16A2

The ones I missed were when I was wearing the gas mask.

477_view.jpg

Nice shots either way! Gas mask really messes with your site alignment? Do you pretty much have to go off neutral stance?

ooo.

I had Cherry for riflery 101, he signed me in because I was friends with one of his teammembers.

I really liked Cherry!

I remember him. He was my instructor for Riflery class too! The waitlist was huge for that class. He's a nice guy.

I remember him. He was my instructor for Riflery class too! The waitlist was huge for that class. He's a nice guy.

Yah it was, my roommate was on the rifle team so he got Cherry to just sign me through it. Second quarter, freshman year, got signed past 800 people.

I wonder if he still brings around that big piece of cherry wood.

Yah it was, my roommate was on the rifle team so he got Cherry to just sign me through it. Second quarter, freshman year, got signed past 800 people.

I wonder if he still brings around that big piece of cherry wood.

Nice. I was on the waitlist for at least three or four quarters IIRC.

Wanted to introduce you to the boys.

For work: Glock 23 (compact .40)

And for play

Springfield 1911 A1 (.45)

All stock. No smoke, no mirrors. 1911 is one I used on earlier post targets.

(disclaimer, did not have pic of my actual 1911. but mine is IDENTICAL)

The 1911 is one nice pistol. I have been wanting to add one to the collection for a while now but keep getting sidetracked. :( One day I'll have one... :)

• 3 weeks later...

I demand videos Flounder :) More 1000 yard videos.

I'll post some pictures from my trip today, 21 ft strong side was as expected. I did shoot weak side today... first time ever (sad I know), fairly uneventful, all 10 shots within center body mass but WAY not the grouping I usually have... need to practice more.

Only "snag" was when I tried to shoot weak side 2 handed I got bit by my slide, put a nice little cut in my thumb... it's like trying to throw left handed. Wrapped my thumb with some masking tape and went back to shooting.

I will try and get the vids up tomorrow night.. We were shooting steel out to 1165 as usual but it takes so much time to get the camera zoomed in enough to see the targets and it not be blurry. I think I have vid of 400,520,700, and 1000 from this last trip. I need to get some vid from the tactical course which is what I should have done this time since there were only 3 of us there this time. Also, we were able to get the .308's to damn near hit the 12 inch disc at 1640 yards. :) Now that was fun.

Springfield 1911 A1

Cheap range ammo

Taken at Ohio valley outdoors Lancaster.

7-8 meters

0125091413a.jpg

Look...lower

approx 4-5 meters

0125091413.jpg

Just tried it for fun. Ok, you can stop cringing in pain.

:wtf:why would a man aim for another mans genitals? there is a Man law that restricts this Amirite?:rulez:

• 4 months later...