My next motorcycle.

Mr Anderson

What should Mr Anderson's next motorcycle be?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What should Mr Anderson's next motorcycle be?

• 2004 Yamaha r6
    • 2009 Yamaha r6
    • 2006 Kawi Ninja 636
    • 2007 Honda cbr600rr
    • 2007 Triumph Daytona 675
    • Hookers and blow

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd ride it on a twisty road all day long. It's not a straight line rocket.. I get that' date=' but it can be a lot of fun if it is ridden properly.

Like I said... not conducive and certainly not my business. He's not my little brother and what he does with his money is of no consequence to me. I just hate to see an opportunity to develop some real riding skills diminished by jumping the gun too early.[/quote']

Based on what you pointed out to Mr. A at the meet, I completely agree with you. Mr. A, let's see what you think about buying a new bike when you are unable to get it above 35 through the twisties of Newark/Coshocton. Straight line speed doesn't count for much there, since there aren't that many straight lines. If you don't have wear marks like we pointed out last weekend, I'm making you do it again. Same goes for me too. :)

However, at the end of the day it's not my cash and it's not my ass.

Im sticking with my bike. Still saying to go for the 600rr. The seat is a bit more comfortable due to the face that it is thinner by the thighs. Meaning it doesnt force your legs out and cut off the circulation when standing. Since it is thin making it more comfortable, and the rr is amazing with corners and straits, it makes it a great choice. However the Daytona was something i was thinking about before too.

I was just at hinds and they have a new blue/white Triumph 675. That think looked super sweet. Felt narrow like a Ducati. If you're looking for a 600...I think this might be the way to go...or an R6 (but I'm biased.)

I would never lower my bike but then again im also 6 ft tall, where i thnk mr a said he is good 5'6". just get on whatever feels best for you and fits you. No one can tell you what to get and everyone has their own opinons on each bike, get out there ride them sit on them figure out what fits best for you and go with it!

get a busa or zx-14 and be done with it....just don't try to turn

BASTID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the looks of the Yami but your decision should be based first on ergo's. Get what YOU are comfortable on.

Yes, lowering does affect how a bike handles but your are a little short fucker. Which is worse dropping a bike at a stop cuz you cant touch the ground or having to adjust your riding to compensate for having it lowered? I've got mine lowered and do just fine. But mine can only go straight:rolleyes:

It sucks being short. Every superbike is almost too tall for me. My tiptoes touch the ground.

Like it or not the 250 has to go. I am tired of it and I have taken corners faster then 30mph. Thgere are some twisties by where I live.

I almost bought the 09 r6 Yesterday/ They had a deal $2000 off the sticker price. I did not get it but tempting. I will test all these bikes and then buy the one that fits me. I don't think I will lower it. I like all the motorcycles and the honda is heading towards the top of my list.

I have to wonder just how seriously you take riding twisties...... the reason is.... I was thinking if yo dont mind messing up the handling just a bit you could lower a bike just a bit. If your toes are touching, it wouldnt take much. and most people rarely put both feet down at the same time anyway.

I agree with alab32 (On this anyway) about the CBR 600, Its an awesome bike.... its thin and light, handles great and could absorb being lowered a touch without totally killing it for street use.....

...nothing like taking a bike off the showroom floor...I'm biased, so I'd say 2009 R6...

2009_Yamaha_R6-3.jpg

....but, attackpainter got me keeping an eye on the 2009 ZX6R...I would give it a chance, if there were no R6. :D

002.jpg

...whatever you do, make sure you get rid of those UGLY stock exhaust! Work that into your budget...you won't regret it.

It sucks being short. Every superbike is almost too tall for me. My tiptoes touch the ground.

Like it or not the 250 has to go. I am tired of it and I have taken corners faster then 30mph. Thgere are some twisties by where I live.

I almost bought the 09 r6 Yesterday/ They had a deal $2000 off the sticker price. I did not get it but tempting. I will test all these bikes and then buy the one that fits me. I don't think I will lower it. I like all the motorcycles and the honda is heading towards the top of my list.

Where are there twisties by New Albany? The only road I can think of within local reach from you might be Central College by Sunbury, and that's got about 3-4 turns in it.

Yes, lowering does affect how a bike handles but your are a little short fucker. Which is worse dropping a bike at a stop cuz you cant touch the ground or having to adjust your riding to compensate for having it lowered? I've got mine lowered and do just fine. But mine can only go straight:rolleyes:

Srsly, listen to Sam - he's got a lot of experience in compensating for things. :p

hey....

get a 2002 up SV650 cheap to learn a larger bike and in a year or two go up to GSXR750 :D

Where are there twisties by New Albany? The only road I can think of within local reach from you might be Central College by Sunbury, and that's got about 3-4 turns in it.

Bevelhymer and morse road by where I live.