How To Secure Your Bike

msbmoto

sam...what prevents someone from picking the bike up like in that video?

im down for this....gimme your address and leave the key in the bike, ill be over with a strong friend and a trailer and we can just lift it up and put it on there...hell ill put the damn thing on skateboards like mentioned earlier, and just roll it up onto the trailer lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sam...what prevents someone from picking the bike up like in that video?

It being a 900# gixxer helps.

And if they have to turn a corner putting it in the van they're fuked. :D

No experience, but don't need any, bike can be picked up and taken away. I went to their site and the KTM demo they gave would be a 30 second work around. Unless you have the one that is integrated I would expect yours has a simple work around too, especially being such a desirable bike.

There's no "work around" short of removing the entire rear wheel and caliper.

please explain....why would it need removed? is it bolted to the cement? hes talking about physically picking the bike up and moving it

you could weld the wheel, caliper, rotor, fork, and roadlok all together and it still wouldnt make it so nobody could pick it up...

please explain....why would it need removed? is it bolted to the cement? hes talking about physically picking the bike up and moving it

you could weld the wheel, caliper, rotor, fork, and roadlok all together and it still wouldnt make it so nobody could pick it up...

Black Tod said that it had a 30 second work around............that's what I was responding to.

I think it's funny that Sam has ignored every persons question/reply about the plain and simple fact

that the bike can still be picked up and carried away :grin:

Like I said the KTM they showed would be simple to defeat I haven't looked into what it would take to work around your bikes but I'm guessing about two minutes or less. Remember a thief doesn't care if they cause damage.

I like how the 1125R has the CGP (Crazy Girlfriend Protection) system. It can be set up with a PIN, so even if they have the key and/or remove the battery it still requires the PIN to be started. Too many incorrect PIN entries locks it out for a while. It may not keep it from being stolen, but it sure is peace of mind knowing that as soon as I fall asleep she doesn't take my bike for a ride. :)

I think it's funny that Sam has ignored every persons question/reply about the plain and simple fact

that the bike can still be picked up and carried away :grin:

I think it's funny that you are trying to convince me that something doesn't work when I know first hand that it does. Between my alarm and my Roadlok' date=' I'm confident that my bike is safe. Honestly though, it's paid off and insured for more than it's worth. So if it gets stolen, I profit. ;)

FEAR MONGERS

Like I said the KTM they showed would be simple to defeat I haven't looked into what it would take to work around your bikes but I'm guessing about two minutes or less. Remember a thief doesn't care if they cause damage.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: