Why did you pick that type bike?

buildit

Why that type of bike?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Why that type of bike?

• I grew up riding similar bikes.
    • My friends all have them.
    • I like the type of riding style this bike is made for.
    • It's all I could afford or look what daddy got me. :lol:
    • I'm just so cool on this type of bike.
    • Hookers dig these bikes!

My first street bike was a 1972 Honda 500 I bought from my uncle around 1987. I sold it when i got married in 1993. After one summer without a bike, I missed riding. I had saved up 1K to spend on a bike. I ended up buying a 1982 Suzuki GS 850 L. I did not do too much research, but I had looked at lot of bikes around 1K in price, and they all needed engine or paint work. The 850 I bought had great paint and good chrome. I liked the fact this bike was bigger then my 72 honda and would be a good bike to ride 2 up with the wife. Then, 3 years ago, I added a 1990 Katana 600 to the fleet because I wanted a sport bike. My friend Perry works at a local motorcycle repair shop and told me one of his customers had this bike that was for sale. Since this Katana had a known good service history. I bought it. I know both bikes are old, but they are bought and paid for. The 1982 850 now has historical plates, so I will never need to allocate funds for plates on it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally put a scar free tail plastic on. It's a lil' purdier.

What up Sam. You know I heart you too. When you gonna let me ride bitch on the busa again? :D

How about I ride bitch next time. My ass is gettin sore. :lol:
Sam we'll just do what we did last time and pour a whole bottle of monkey butt between us. :D

This is gettin too gay. So I'll finish up first as usual. :D

Sweet. And it's only ghey if I push back, which I normally do. :p

:eek: jealousy..............

No catagory for high octang hooligan street machines , So I ride fighters Because , I must be different and noone does anything custom on sportbikes , except goofy ass paint, bolt on parts, neon lights, lowering , chrome, and gay ass shit like that !!

my EX500 was my first bike. I been trying for weeks (in June of 2002?) to look at various inexpensive bikes, and they kept getting sold out from under me before I even had a chance to see them in person.

I put down a deposit on my EX within 30 minutes of first seeing it, and never even looked at another bike (except the other 3 the same owner had for sale).

paid $1450 for a '97 (in 2002) with under 5,000 miles on it. It did need new tires, but whatever - i feel like i bought well, despite not knowing what i was doing, or what i was buying.

in retrospect, I'm really happy with my decision to get a 'sporty' bike that wasn't a full-blown sportbike. I was really looking for old cruisers, but ended up liking good handling more than noise and style.

now i don't spend a dime on the street bike, and I beat the hell out of the track bike as often as possible.

I started riding dirt bikes as a kid and then was given a 1970's Yamaha 200. I started riding in the street legally on a sport touring FJ600 and since then have had cruisers sport bikes. I never could afford the insurance on a 750 or bigger until a few years ago and made the decision to go for the liter bike and now i love it more then i ever imagined. Nothing corners to lean the bike over in at a fast pace. Keeps me young and is as close to flying in helicopters i can get now a days. Pure excitement.

I ride two up alot and my wife was never comfortable riding on the back of my sportbike. Two up on a sportbike was always pure hell for me, so I wanted something that was comfortable and it had to be fast. I have been sweating the Vmax ever since it came out when I was a bike crazed pre-teen. I had to have one. The wife liked it. I pulled the trigger and havent regretted it. Every ride is pure adrenaline.