Do you need your website hosted? Looking for something cheaper?

Casper

I'm debating hosting my own server again here locally. Problem is, I can't justify it with just Ohio Riders. I can get a pretty good hookup at a local colocation datacenter. If I can get 6 people/companies needing their site hosted for $10/mo, we can break even with what we already pay for web hosting. This would give us so much more control of the server. We'd have less (if any) downtime, better, more efficient backups, etc. The hardware would be here locally in Columbus, so if there are any hardware failures it's literally just a ten minute drive to fix it. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you all the specs of the server and the hosting.

...If I can get 6 people/companies needing their site hosted for $10/mo, we can break even with what we already pay for web hosting.

You're gonna have a hard time finding people to pay $10/mo when you can get quality hosting for $3.95/mo

All of my stuff is hosted thru IX Webhosting @ $3.95/mo for unlimited domains, storage and bandwidth.

Check it out at... http://www.thebestdamnwebhost.com/

I know nothing about serving or hosting, I just want something that works. My brother and I have a small side business that we sell this little product through. We accept credit cards but that option is currently not working. It's not a huge deal because the web site is a very small portion of the business. We have two new products coming out shortly and need to have these added to our site plus we are also looking for an alternate credit host because the fees we are currently paying are just stupid. We did this site several years ago and haven't updated or changed it and we are thinking it could use some updating when we add the new products. Your pricing is in line currently with what we are paying for hosting. I would have no clue how to change things over. The site was more of a whim to see if we could have one associated with the product. You can count us a one especially if you can help with web design.

http://www.punkparts.com/

...we are also looking for an alternate credit host because the fees we are currently paying are just stupid.

Why not just use PayPal? Paypal uses a per-transaction fee, no monthlys. Its widely accepted and has become a standard for online payments.

You're gonna have a hard time finding people to pay $10/mo when you can get quality hosting for $3.95/mo

All of my stuff is hosted thru IX Webhosting @ $3.95/mo for unlimited domains' date=' storage and bandwidth.

Check it out at... [url']http://www.thebestdamnwebhost.com/

$3.95 is not quality hosting. It's shared hosting (like 1and1, GoDaddy, etc). Those are great for small sites. However, as soon as you get any traffic, it's ridiculously slow. FYI. Unlimited bandwidth does not mean unlimited I/O (throughput).
i provide hosting for $35.00 a year. $20 for domain registration $55 for both yearly.
Again, shared hosting I assume. Not sharing a dedicated server in a colocation with 10 other sites max. I can do shared hosting for like $2/mo and $6.95 .com domains yearly. I don't want to do that anymore.

I'm looking for large websites needing hosting. We're talking a couple million hits per month websites. In which case, this $10/mo is a hellacious deal. The hosting I will be able to provide with this setup is normally $60ish per month, which is what I'm paying right now to host Ohio Riders. Right now I'm looking at having three servers; 1 web/email, 1 MySQL primary and 1 MySQL slave. I already have two other sites interested. Just looking to get a few more before I pull the trigger on this.

Sheeeet, Cogent is supposed to be the best connectivity! For people's reference, managed server is ~150 a month, so even finding 10 other people puts this as a better price....

Like I said, if I didn't have the need for shitty shared web hosting I'd be all over this.

What about the domain names and email. I have built sites and I have a few people that are looking for me to make them some, so... Give me some info so I can let them know and we'll talk.

How easy or difficult this would be depends on if the server will have a client management portal installed (like Cpanel)

What about the domain names and email. I have built sites and I have a few people that are looking for me to make them some, so... Give me some info so I can let them know and we'll talk.
How easy or difficult this would be depends on if the server will have a client management portal installed (like Cpanel)

I'll be using ISP Config, an open source hosting control panel. So it'll be fairly easy.

Sheeeet, Cogent is supposed to be the best connectivity! For people's reference, managed server is ~150 a month, so even finding 10 other people puts this as a better price....

Like I said, if I didn't have the need for shitty shared web hosting I'd be all over this.

Cogent bought my buddy's company FiberNet a few years ago. One of their datacenters is in downtown Cbus.

Yes please. I'd chip in for that. The current setup hates my iPhone. IDK why.

IDK why either?!? :confused: I don't have any problems on O.R or DTC with my blackberry...... Surfs both just fine :dunno:

Send Fonz a PM. He might be interested in doing something with the DTC site:dunno:

I think he's talkin' waaaaaaay more traffic than our couple posts a day

Because it's a current PoS free forum host... sorry :(

You got that right.

The ads crack me up. Something about Gothscene/dating. :D

Like you said..... It's free. Half a dozen chipped in for the site sponsorship on here..... I didn't want to make passin' the hat a habit, & turn people off. Everyone's gotta start somewhere

Edited by Fonzie

Not to mention....... I'm assuming we'd lose all our content thus far if we switched sites/servers

And we don't own any board software, which would be another expense, I'm guessing

Edited by Fonzie