GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride?

armith

you definitely made the right choice....my back isn't hurting so much as my wrist is. I now know why its a good choice to have ear plugs on a long slab like that, my head was ringing for an hour

Keep on riding and keep up the spirit....one day you will do 500-700 miles easily and not get tired. Many of us on sportsbikes do that often. Great riding with you and props for coming out, we will do it again.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep on riding and keep up the spirit....one day you will do 500-700 miles easily and not get tired. Many of us on sportsbikes do that often. Great riding with you and props for coming out, we will do it again.

LOL I dunno... I need to break every 45 miles or so

I know when we're 2up we're only good for about an hour straight or a 100 miles, which ever comes first.. And those ever so rare occasions when both come first..:roll:

6-8 hour riding day we typically feel good and accomplished... 10 hours of riding, usually sore and waiting for the end of the day... 12 hours and it's no longer about the ride.. its all about the destination.. more than 10 hours on back to back days fatigue begins to become an issue. Doesn't matter how spirited or how scenic..

I can only imagine though what a day trip on an RR would feel like.. look at it this way.. you'l strengthen your back and abs if your practice good seat technique..

After watching some of the Ken Burns series on the National Parks, I got an idea to tour some of the waterfalls and the Metro park in Cuyahoga Valley. Looks like I'll plan a route for next summer since we are running out of free weekends before November. I will include part of Chagrin River Road and Squires Castle....Any interest?

After watching some of the Ken Burns series on the National Parks, I got an idea to tour some of the waterfalls and the Metro park in Cuyahoga Valley. Looks like I'll plan a route for next summer since we are running out of free weekends before November. I will include part of Chagrin River Road and Squires Castle....Any interest?

Yup for sure. And as long as it's after February of 2010 I'm in :)

Seeing 2010 makes it seem like the next riding season is so far away.

lol yah, it's crazy! Here's a link to the waterfalls, Brandywine falls is rather impressive... even by non-Ohio standards.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7632-Pittsburgh-Outdoor-Recreation-Examiner~y2009m5d15-Waterfall-Exploration-Cuyahoga-Valley-National-Recreation-Area

Brandywine falls is nice. I been there. There is a nice overlook/deck to see the falls. Then Chagrin falls, and in Bedford, there is Bridalvail Falls, but it is off a narrow,muddy path to see that one. The highlight of my planned route is Chagrin river road, through Gates Mills and Hunting Valley. You actually pass a polo field. No really, a polo field in NE Ohio

Brandywine falls is nice. I been there. There is a nice overlook/deck to see the falls. Then Chagrin falls, and in Bedford, there is Bridalvail Falls, but it is off a narrow,muddy path to see that one. The highlight of my planned route is Chagrin river road, through Gates Mills and Hunting Valley. You actually pass a polo field. No really, a polo field in NE Ohio

Alright! my neck of the woods! Yea there are some really awesome areas around there

A Polo field that actually still gets used on a regular basis. :wtf:

I've lived in the Chagrin area for basiclly all my life. So if you need more places I can think of plenty.

Nelson ledges, Sulfur Springs, Squires Castle, Lunch at Mary Yoders in Middlefield, Holden Arboretum, Paine Falls, I'm sure I can think of other stops if need be.

lol yah, it's crazy! Here's a link to the waterfalls, Brandywine falls is rather impressive... even by non-Ohio standards.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7632-Pittsburgh-Outdoor-Recreation-Examiner~y2009m5d15-Waterfall-Exploration-Cuyahoga-Valley-National-Recreation-Area

Brandywine Falls-

100_1761.jpg

Chagrin Falls has three in town-

ChagrinFalls6084.jpg

chagrinfall1008.jpg

chagrin101208.jpg

I don't see why it couldn't be done this year. We should get some good enough weather to make it possible. I'll make a new thread.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?p=343559#post343559

i agree....this is a great time to get in some rides. im not ready to give up on 2009