what size bike to get

rick37

Getting your first sportbike? Are you used to riding with your front wheel off the ground at high speed? Are you used to adjusting your line & staying on the throttle (else highside) when your back wheel steps out a bit while exiting a corner? If your answer is no to either or both of the preceding questions, I would advise getting a 6oo or something similar.

Or don't ride like a twat. Then all of those stated problems are solved.

Not that I advocate newbs jumping right on literbikes, cuz I don't. But I ride a literbike and while the bike can do those things, I don't ride like that on the street and therefore don't have those issues.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rsv don: You're so in control man. I'm super impressed! I was merely stating what can & often does happen when a newb gets their hands on a litrebike.

I don't ride like a "twat" either.

My point was that if you have some brains and some experience then you can probably ride a liter. It wasn't a personal jab and I wasn't calling you a twat, so pull your panties back out of your crack.

And yes, I am in control. Very fucking in control actually. :cool:

As some of you know I have a honda spirit 1100, I really want to get a sport bike which size should I start with, Not knowing really the difference in riding cruiser and riding a sport bike i.e handling,acceleration,.

I have been looking at kawasaki ninja 600 and 1000 also a katana 600.

thanks in advance for any comment (good or bad)

tell us a couple things:

Budget

Used or new

Purpose of the bike: trackdays, drag strip, club racing, back roads, starbucks, etc?

How heavy are you?

Are you going to need a second seat?

full fairings, half fairings, no fairings?

things you can do: go sit on a bunch of bikes, and see what fits you best. Start reading up on multiple bike shoot outs... you'll come to the same conclusion so many others have: modern day sportbikes in the same displacement range (unless you're a kawi or triumph and don't know how to fit in) are basically separated by a hair in terms of performance.

finally, don't listen to the drama llamas, fighting over who can give the best advice.

hyuk hyuk

I am NOT drama, and I'm definitely not a llama. In fact, you mom said I was more like a horse last night. She lika da sauce. :eek:

you'll have to excuse her engrish. she very often makes the mistake of mixing up "horse" with "baby penis".

now, yo mama on the other hand... she knows her chinese. she always asks for combo #2: Kok In Bak Door. Who would blame her? Only 5 dorra.

:confused:

you'll have to excuse her engrish. she very often makes the mistake of mixing up "horse" with "baby penis".

now, yo mama on the other hand... she knows her chinese. she always asks for combo #2: Kok In Bak Door. Who would blame her? Only 5 dorra.

:confused:

Damn you Connery!!! :lol:

• 2 months later...