New ohio rider

zx0neFouR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh grasshopper, I remember Hoblick mentioning his good deed for the year...

I may or may not recall seeing your ZX14 at "Hot Norwalk Nights", no?

I'd welcome you, but you have two of the biggest abominations on two wheels, a ZX14 and a Buell.

We're a bunch of smartasses around here, btw.

Welcome.. As far as the ticket goes, I grew up in crawford county and have had to visit that courthouse on more then one occasion. Your best bet is to plead not guilty as you did, and go to court and just explain your situation. He needs to state what was wreckless about your driving as well as show up which allot of them wont do in the smaller areas. Also, make it a point to mention you are/were military. It definitely helps up there.

Wow I don't know much about reckless op. I have heard it's harder to prove and can usually be plea'd down. Tried to search it but didn't get much.

This site says free consultation

http://www.myohiodefenselawyer.com/criminal-charges/reckless-driving/

Also, if you're facing possible jail time (higher than first degree misdemeanor) then you should be able to request a lawyer be appointed by the state. There's probably a bunch of paperwork and a review of your finances, but I'd ask/call the courthouse.

I was pulled over and told that I was operating my motorcycle wrecklessly????!

Reckless driving can carry a pretty big penalty, especially if you have other traffic violations in the last year. Contact the court, tell them you can not afford an attorney and they will point you towards the public defenders office where you can get a lawyer for free. Call soon so your lawyer has a chance to do his thing. Are you still active reserve...can you wear your uniform? Talk to your lawyer about wearing to to court. It might help and you earned it.

Greetings!

Hmm, Reckless Ops. This is a kinda weird one, LEO's judgment call and all that, unless of course you crashed.

Depending on what the LEO considered reckless you may or may not have some room to wiggle.

Of course I have to say, I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Remember you can appeal a verdict if you don't like it. Mayors court is not a 'Court of record' (last I heard) as such it can be appealed at will.

Good luck!