Polar Bear Run

Casper

I keep tellin' guys, try silk liners under surgical gloves. Your hands will be warm as hell and your gloves won't be soaked when you get home. Add a heat pack on the back of your hand and you're good all day.

Got the latex gloves taken care of, we wear them at work to keep from having the typical "mechanic's hands" but not sure where to get the silk liners. My problem with the latex gloves by themselves is when your hands sweat, the cold is WORSE than no gloves!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the latex gloves taken care of, we wear them at work to keep from having the typical "mechanic's hands" but not sure where to get the silk liners. My problem with the latex gloves by themselves is when your hands sweat, the cold is WORSE than no gloves!

Amazon.com has silk liners, and also Cabella's

http://www.cabelas.com/p-0005263901532a.shtml

s7_901532_imageset_01?$main-Large$

Your hands won't feel clammy. Get the liners at IP. They all advertise them as real hand heaters but, by themselves, they don't do anything. You get the surgicals over them and they're totally wind-proof and keep heat in. Got nuthin' to lose for $10.

Thanks! I might have to try that out! Looks like a potential trip to the IP Sat!

HOG Chapter News,

A.D. Farrow Co. Harley-Davidson

hog_25.jpg

Polar Bear Ride – New Year’s Day!

It’s about the destination, not the ride, with this annual get-together! Ride your motorcycle to the Flying J Truck Stop on Rt. 37 at I-71 (across the road from our NorthStar Dealership), and earn a coveted “Polar Bear Pin” for your efforts! Pins will be distributed between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Restaurant is open for business, too!

Pancakes... nom, nom, nom....

I keep tellin' guys, try silk liners under surgical gloves. Your hands will be warm as hell and your gloves won't be soaked when you get home. Add a heat pack on the back of your hand and you're good all day.

Some of those liners have little pockets on the back for the little packet heaters. There was a thread about them a while back.

Seirus Therma-Lux Heat Pocket Glove Linerhttp://www.amazon.com/Seirus-Therma-Lux-Pocket-Liner-Medium/dp/B00069H7MO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1261834348&sr=8-3

I bought Winter gloves at YoC before they left, and they actually work. It was the only Winter glove they had, and I asked wut? only one type? these things really work? ... And the parts guy just nods his head yes. Cheap Chinese made gloves, and they work great for three seasons. Wouldn't wear them in the heat of Summer though.

Liners, heh... Special Forces wear panty hose to stay warm in the water. Liners work better than you would think. And keep the leeches from biting too. A bonus.

Some of those liners have little pockets on the back for the little packet heaters. There was a thread about them a while back.

Seirus Therma-Lux Heat Pocket Glove LinerSeirus Therma-Lux Heat Pocket Glove Liner

I bought Winter gloves at YoC before they left, and they actually work. It was the only Winter glove they had, and I asked wut? only one type? these things really work? ... And the parts guy just nods his head yes. Cheap Chinese made gloves, and they work great for three seasons. Wouldn't wear them in the heat of Summer though.

Liners, heh... Special Forces wear panty hose to stay warm in the water. Liners work better than you would think. And keep the leeches from biting too. A bonus.

some of us like leeches....:p

where the fuck where you asshats last New Year's when I did this ride w/a bunch of BMW heated every fucking thing, folks???? It was 13〫when we headed out, but warmed up to 26〫by the time we headed home...

I will do the New Year's ride again this year, but Mr.Weatherman says it will be overcast and barely 58〫here! I might have to break down and turn on my heated grips.

where the fuck where you asshats last New Year's when I did this ride w/a bunch of BMW heated every fucking thing, folks???? It was 13〫when we headed out, but warmed up to 26〫by the time we headed home...

I will do the New Year's ride again this year, but Mr.Weatherman says it will be overcast and barely 58〫here! I might have to break down and turn on my heated grips.

:nono: Doesn't even come close to counting...

Hey, I had to swerve around 2 puddles today during my 100 mile journey.. I'm suffering just as much as you folks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So who is doing this, as long as the weather permits(no snow). As long as the snow does not fall I will be heading out around 10am get there eat warm up and head back.Thank GOD for my windshield.

Doing this is one of choices I have, The other choice is go to the inlaws(outlaws) both are cold so I would rather be on the bike.