Sunday 60 and sunny...Who's riding ?

Doomking

I wasn't thinking about a fliendly ride either...:)

Sorry for the premature post, when I mentioned the plan I had for riding Sunday I was informed of a previous commitment that I was told about but didn't hear. Sunday is out we gotta take grandma grocery shopping. Jinx will be disappointed to hear he missed a ride he didn't even know about. This does leave Saturday open for me though. What's this core ride? I am not quite comfortable with the new bike yet and don't want to ride after dark can I follow the group for a while?

Tony, do you have your break in miles done yet?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm highly considering it if I can get all the work done it needs before I leave on friday, if so you will be the first to know since I don't know any good places to ride down there. I lived in Clifton and Hyde Park and never ventured far outta those areas

we are doing twisties at 1:30. PM me and we can work it out..

Your ride or a CORE ride? Leaving from Bolivar? Might want to tag along for a while, I want to be home before dark which is around 5:00 PM.

Tod,

Yep Bolivar. CORE rides tend to start early so we can be back at a reasonable time. We'll be back before dark. The pace will be similiar to the few times we've ridden, perhaps a bit quicker depending on who's leading. Stops are usually kept to a minimum, so a long day doesn't turn into a REALLY long day. Still finalizing the plan, but it will a 400-ish mile day, prolly meeting in Bolivar at 9:30.

9:30 is good for me, I'm still not comfortable with the new bike but I might be able to handle a faster pace. I can always go on my own way if I can't keep up. Is the ride going to WV? I don't know that area too well to be out on my own but I do know where I'm at in the southern Ohio area. I will have my GPS so I can use it to get to roads I know.

9:30 is good for me, I'm still not comfortable with the new bike but I might be able to handle a faster pace. I can always go on my own way if I can't keep up. Is the ride going to WV? I don't know that area too well to be out on my own but I do know where I'm at in the southern Ohio area. I will have my GPS so I can use it to get to roads I know.

I'm still learning the new bike, too. I plan to dial it down a bit. I'll be fine tuning the suspension at gas stops. Not sure about WV, we can decide on a route in Bolivar.

How do you like the suspension settings in the manual?

The front preload feels a little too stiff, but it's hard to tell for sure since I haven't ridden it on a warm day yet. I'm hoping to sort it out on Saturday. It would be nice to set the Sag before then.

BTW, it you haven't verified that you have the most current flash, I have the software/cable to read the firmware version.

The front preload feels a little too stiff, but it's hard to tell for sure since I haven't ridden it on a warm day yet. I'm hoping to sort it out on Saturday. It would be nice to set the Sag before then.

BTW, it you haven't verified that you have the most current flash, I have the software/cable to read the firmware version.

So far I had one rear blinker DOA and my low fuel sensor is fucked. So I would imagine the firmware is not current. The Buell is going to be down for a while and hopefully as the winter progresses I will have some cool pics to share with everyone.

you can meet us at the dairy queen/marathon (attached building) off of exit 93 on 77S (about 30 mi south of canton). i think we're meeting at or leaving at 9:30am. i'll be the red 1125CR in the back lulz

oh the above is for saturday morning, by the way.

Edited by jbot

no baller purple ninja 500 ? I is sad

no that was a 1 time deal. i'm paranoid enough riding my own bikes on the street... it was that much worse when i was riding my friend's bike.

that said, the EX500 is just awesome and super comfortable.

no wai, i'm not going to your inevitable angry frustration mid corner inside pass hanging over my head! besides, i technically got my bike after you did, so i get to be back marker.