Beginning Rider Needs A Mentor

JaysonL

i'd look in the range of EX500 (ninja 500r whatever) or SV650. I'd say 250, but you can usually find a EX500 for just about the same price range, and they'll have equal resale value if you're buying used.

I think the SV has a bit better suspension, but i'm going by what i've heard, not first hand experience. that said, the EX500 was plenty fun on the back roads.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nightrider - I'd love to indulge you with the wig, but, if I ever do ride with you, by that time i'll be too fast for you to catch me long enough to get the wig on me! :D haha

I'm not into the kinky...drag kinda stuff like the other dewds are here. Was just mentioning. Go to your local Harley hang out, you'll see what i mean. :D

Also, some of the old school guys around here...carry presents. Old sparkplugs, rocks and marbles.

5'7 135.... so i'm pretty tiny (but i've got a big heart to make up for.... wait. scratch that. i've got a hidden can of whoop ass waitin for ya)

but, ya, I am a smaller guy, but, any of the bikes that i've or others have mentioned as possible first bikes should fit me shouldn't they?!

:lol: hrm... I'm 5'7 and 130.... i can handle my 600 just fine.... :D

kawi, i think we got another boy to add to your club :)

i'd look in the range of EX500 (ninja 500r whatever) or SV650. I'd say 250, but you can usually find a EX500 for just about the same price range, and they'll have equal resale value if you're buying used.

I think the SV has a bit better suspension, but i'm going by what i've heard, not first hand experience. that said, the EX500 was plenty fun on the back roads.

+1 ex500 good starter bikes.

how bout me 1000rrrider?! i'll wear the wig for compliments if i have to!

but anyway, you'll all be pleased to know that fellow OR member scottb has been nice enough to offer to have me come over and look at his bike either tonight or tomorrow morning so i'll get my first chance to have a face-to-face talk with one of you morons! (just jokin')

We'll see how many times I cream my jeans drooling over his piece of machinery!

although, i might get a little giggle if we could get the noob to pose on a motorcycle trying to look hawt.... :) Whaddya say JasonL.... pics or GTFO.

:lol: jk.... i think its funny when a girl harasses the boys in the intro thread for a change. :D

*edit* I just remembered that Jason said he's ALMOST 18.... scratch all that ^^^^

shows you how much i still have to learn! anyone have an sv650 they wanna sell?! haha, theres a lot around, but i'd rather buy from an OR member, i'm quickly starting to like you guys

(even you too JRMMiii :p)

Sure I'll sell mine for the right price. :confused: Maybe something like $1,000,000. :drink:

that dude - i appreciate the concern, but don't worry man! i've got a great head on my shoulders. right now i'm lining up some major scholarships for college next year and know I won't have time to work enoguh to get a bike when I'm down there, so I'd like to buy one before I'm off to the greatest 4 years of my education. that way, I'll have the bike to play around with while i'm down there rather than running around desperately trying to find one!

oh and once again major props to scottb!

scottb - about to grab dinner with the 'rents right now and i'll give you a call after i'm stuffed.

:eek:

am i really that small in terms or sport bikes?! i thought i could at least fit on a 250/500 ninja, katana, or sv650.... are my options more limited than i thought?!

A 500 wouldn't be a bad bike but if you really want to be a great rider, get something you can throw around easily. You're a small guy, so that's gonna limit you. Once you've mastered a smaller bike, move up to a bigger bike. You are a prime example of why I think the U.S. should have a graduated license program like they have overseas. I dont say this to put you down. When you get your bike, the DTC will cum over and ride with you. I promise you that you will be exhausted after a very short time and your ass is gonna be killing you :sheepfucker: And the DTC is a relaxed riding group.

uuuhhhmmm yea ,osumj is a girl so yea

Are you fucking serious? STFU!!