Motorcycle SNOBS!

buildit

We all have dealt with the guy who swears his bike / brand is the best one ever made. I thought for a moment I was going to have to get off the KTM for a moment today. :beating:

Exited the gas station and this guy was eyeing my bike. Nothing unusual, I think the 950 SE is a hot looking bike too. :) Well at first it's just small talk till he said the bike was too tall for him. I'm 6'4" and said I like it because it is tall. Next thing he starts a rant about how his cruiser is so much better and more comfortable and he loves the back rest and bla.. bla..bla. At this point I'm bored and wanna leave and get on with my ride.

Then this comment comes out of nowhere, "You just think because your on a KTM that your better". :eek:

I looked at him and said "I have four bikes of which this is just one. I like my cheap ass KLR650 for some types of riding and V-strom for trips and this for dual sporting. I ride all of them and just because I don't ride a cruiser doesn't mean there's a thing wrong with your ride. I ride my ride and enjoy it and I assume you do the same. :asshole:

So does having a particular bike like a BMW, HD, KTM, Ducati make you a bike snob?:confused:

Edited by buildit

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have dealt with the guy who swears his bike / brand is the best one ever made. I thought for a moment I was going to have to get off the KTM for a moment today. :beating:

Exited the gas station and this guy was eyeing my bike. Nothing unusual, I think the 950 SE is a hot looking bike too. :) Well at first it's just small talk till he said the bike was too tall for him. I'm 6'4" and said I like it because it is tall. Next thing he starts a rant about how his cruiser is so much better and more comfortable and he loves the back rest and bla.. bla..bla. At this point I'm bored and wanna leave and get on with my ride.

Then this comment comes out of nowhere, "You just think because your on a KTM that your better". :eek:

I looked at him and said "I have four bikes of which this is just one. I like my cheap ass KLR650 for some types of riding and V-strom for trips and this for dual sporting. I ride all of them and just because I don't ride a cruiser doesn't mean there's a thing wrong with your ride. I ride my ride and enjoy it and I assume you do the same. :asshole:

So does having a particular bike like a BMW, HD, KTM, Ducati make you a bike snob?:confused:

Wow....so many things that could have been said in that situation. Props to you for taking the high road. :D

What I get from "cruiser", and Goldwing riders is......If I was younger maybe I could ride one of those (I'm late 50's).....which is code for "why don't you grow up, and buy a real bike" I think. My friend says that people that only talk about comfort, etc need to buy/drive a car instead of a motorcycle..

I had a Goldwing guy say that my 650 pound FJR, would make a good "around town" bike. I'm sure they think my Versys is like a mo ped.

Don't worry about it. That guy probably just used the bike to haul gasoline back home for the lawn mower.

Siphons it out when he needs it.

On the other hand, I don't ride a cruiser or a sport bike. I ride a naked standard... ;p :p

I spent two years on my 50cc pit bike while I searched for my RSVR replacement. The looks I got pulling into a bike night were classic. It was a Ducati Corse though, not one of those shitty Yamahas.

i so sorry mistuh. i shien yo shoe for free. here i even ben ovuh an lube mysef upin.

Sweet! I'll remember that- Anytime the action is low, Just have to say "shitty Yamaha". That will get the lube flowing!:p

Well Let Me Guess

A harley rider????????

DING DING DING DING!!!

Bong! Nope I think he said his ride was a Honda.

A harley rider wouldn't even acknowledge my existance on a KTM. :lol: Reminds me of my one appearance at QSL on the KTM. Had about 5 people in leather jackets and HD t-shirts come over and ask "who makes that bike". KTM?:o It's on the tank. :D

Did you actually dismount the KTM when you refueled? I can't imagine ANYONE starting shit with you once you're standing tall :) Gotta admit, the guy had some balls, too bad they turned out to be truck nuts.