Something cool and unique during today's ride

'03VstarSH

So I'm making my way home and stop off at a lake to take a little smoke break. I'm just getting ready to leave and this older guy comes riding down on one of these:

vincent%20rapide.jpg

His had saddlebags and rear-bag tho and he's got a handful of stickers on them from European countries. It turns out this guy has taken his bike over to Europe twice and has ridden the dragon(had sticker) on it. I thought it was damned interesting and worth the cig the guy bummed off me. :D

A little Vincent Black Lightening...1952. There is a great song too. My favorite version of the song is done by Greg Brown. Cool bike

Hmmm. I know about the bike, a while back i saw a thing about Vincent motorcycles. I thought it was a black shadow. Type in lightning, and the same images come up. Wouldn't be the same, would it? Either way beautiful looking bikes, and definitely for the time. The shadow was named one of the most beautiful vintage bikes of all time.

Hmmm. I know about the bike, a while back i saw a thing about Vincent motorcycles. I thought it was a black shadow. Type in lightning, and the same images come up. Wouldn't be the same, would it? Either way beautiful looking bikes, and definitely for the time. The shadow was named one of the most beautiful vintage bikes of all time.

It is actually the same bike, but the black lightening was a custom order option. It held the land speed title for awhile. My guess is that is indeed a shadow. More info, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Black_Shadow

It is actually the same bike, but the black lightening was a custom order option. It held the land speed title for awhile. My guess is that is indeed a shadow. More info, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Black_Shadow

I believe it was Rapide. The motor wasn't blacked out and it looks dead on the Rapide.

I was gonna say they look almost identical. Thanks for the info. I would definitely own one. :D

I was riding home from either New Albany, or Westerville one evening this summer, and I saw a guy riding something old, possibly similar to what's been posted here, with a sidecar. I lick myself in the ass for not turning where he did and checking it out. I'm willing to bet he would've loved to show it, as it looked like a restored bike.

I was riding home from either New Albany, or Westerville one evening this summer, and I saw a guy riding something old, possibly similar to what's been posted here, with a sidecar. I lick myself in the ass for not turning where he did and checking it out. I'm willing to bet he would've loved to show it, as it looked like a restored bike.

You might have seen a BMW pre-war replica for that was for sale in New Albany. It was on Craigslist, but gone now. Maybe sold it.

When I worked at the Honda shop, TWO Ariel Square Fours rolled in to visit.

Quite a show stopper. We sold BSA, and they were looking for parts.

edit: oops, the ad is back, here's the pics:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1458005243.html

3ne3k83ma5O15Qf5Td9b9e4852846c82619d7.jpg

3nb3k33le5Qd5T65S09b9e15256aea10a1bed.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

That might have been a Royal Enfield ( Green bike on the left in photo ) or possibly a Ural Patrol as well. Both are modern bikes that look (& ride) vintage.

In the photo thats me and 2 of my neighbors taking our singles out for a afternoon ride, in the middle is a old Yamaha SR500 and the Red bike is my 1982 Honda FT500 Ascot. Sadly both of the 2 others are deceased now, they each suffered from heart attacks less than 2 weeks apart. We were all members of the Ohio Valley BSA's owners association.

WVTrip2005075.jpg