N. E. 300 mile ride 11-14-09

Uncle Punk

... I tried UP's clutchless downshifting trick and owe him a great' date=' big man hug. It was awesome. No issues at all, except the fact that I broke Jinu's CBR. Oh well, it's not like he doesn't have moarr bikes. :D[/quote']

Paul, Uncle Punk, what is this technique? I did a search but couldn't figure out the 'trick'!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, err... ok, I won't tell you that. :o

I was running errands all morning. Responsibilities suck.

I actually rode by your place around 9:30ish, banana wasn't there but I did throw a couple quick rev's out during the passing just so you knew you were

missing out.

:D

You know, I have a new appreciation for the acceleration of liter bikes after following UP and R1 back home. Trying to pass a car was never a second thought for me. Flick the wrist and away you go. I cussed those two out for many a minute as I had to get a running start and complete a power point presentation on how I was going to pass the next car in front of me.

Damn inlines!

Lol, clutchless downshifting scares me... I've only gotten it right 50% of the time... since I'm not exactly racing I don't need to master it.

Clutchless upshifting is fun though, hard to mess that up.

I had a great ride, I think I'd really enjoy track days, but only if I can pick the people I'm racing with...

If you have trouble downshifting sometimes it helps if you pre load the Trans first sometimes it’s not necessary.

That core ride would have been fun; I really enjoyed 7 in WV the one time I was on it with Tpoppa. I remember thinking at the time this road would be big fun with a 1K. I'm glad you guys made the ride without any crashes.

I'm trying to come up with a way to blame Coshocton for the crashes on our ride.

Sometimes when you are coasting the downshift won't take, simply apply a small amount of throttle (Does not need to be enough to accelerate.) then let off to make your shift. This is what I call pre loading though I may be using the term incorrectly. This helps your clutch hand survive the day when out riding for hundreds of miles with shifts going into and out of corners.

Sounds like fun. - the minor mishaps. I'll be onboard next time, unless of course I have prior plans. Heard about the visitation to our house and bikes in the driveway via text, whilst I was moving shit for a friend... one of those "damn I wish I was somewhere else" moments.

That core ride would have been fun; I really enjoyed 7 in WV the one time I was on it with Tpoppa. I remember thinking at the time this road would be big fun with a 1K. I'm glad you guys made the ride without any crashes.

The 'New Martinsville TT' is always fun, more fun on a big bike. Also, a good chunk of WV250 has been repaved...that was a nice surprise :)

Big Speazy, I thought you were at the game. I could have been there and not riding. I did get to see the second half. I hate having to go into overtime to win a game but I'm glad they won eventually.

Tpoppa how was traffic on 250? The last time we were there is was kind of heavy. Our traffic on 83 was heavy but the rest of the ride it was okay.

No went down to watch it at a buddys close to campus, then head down afterwards.

But what I didn't know was that we'd be moving stuff for the first half of action. grr.

That's part of the rules for tricking your buddies into helping you move you don't tell them they are helping or they don't show up.

I have been informed by Jinx that "Guess we now know who the jinx is!” Ouch, that hurts but I think he is mostly jealous since he can't ride Saturdays because he has to sit around the dealership all day not selling motorcycles.

Littlecarbsbigsmiles has his emergency foot peg ready for his next customer. I stated earlier these guys have found a way to wreck differently every ride I’ve been on where someone goes down. I think you should have a whole bike ready to swap for a deposit fee. At least the peg is interchangeable between models and sides.

picture.php?albumid=398&pictureid=8702

I have been informed by Jinx that "Guess we now know who the jinx is!” Ouch, that hurts but I think he is mostly jealous since he can't ride Saturdays because he has to sit around the dealership all day not selling motorcycles.

Littlecarbsbigsmiles has his emergency foot peg ready for his next customer. I stated earlier these guys have found a way to wreck differently every ride I’ve been on where someone goes down. I think you should have a whole bike ready to swap for a deposit fee. At least the peg is interchangeable between models and sides.

picture.php?albumid=398&pictureid=8702

Haha nice. I'm sure that will come in useful at some point.