N. E. 300 mile ride 11-14-09

Uncle Punk

I plan to leave from 82 & 83 at 10:00 AM. 83 south to 78 west to 555 north to 666 north to 60 north to 62 east to 83 north. Does anyone know if 666 is still closed? Total of 294 miles, not sure when we will be back to start point because that will depend on who shows up I have done this loop in 5-1/2 hours by myself but the mapping program says 8-1/2 hours. I do not want to be back any later than 5:00 PM.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you probably saw this already, but a few of us will be meeting at bolivar DQ again this coming saturday morning.

should be similar schedule as last time (I think i got home at like 4 or 5pm)

Udell is correct but Bolivar is only 10 miles farther than Millersburg. My issue is I can't put in a 400 mile day because my rear tire won't take it, its going to be sketchy at 300 miles. If I had a good tire I would come out and ride all day.

Todd, we can meet you but that far away it's going to be hard to set a good meeting time, we should know better when it's know how many are riding.

oh ya, i forgot about your tires!

i'm not even sure how long the other ride's going to be but i'm sure it'll be pretty close to last time, so if you dont think the tires will make it, your route sounds perfect. i dont think i've been on half those roads... 666 especially. is that a good road?

I ordered a set of tires Monday, they didn't come in today & my schedule doesn't have time in it to get tires mounted by Saturday morning now that they aren't here today. I don't know if the rear tire will make a 300 mile trip for sure but I'm willing to take that chance, I know they will not make a 400 mile trip.

I like 666 but the road conditions have been deteriorating, it's a great road if it has good pavement. It was closed for a while this summer so I thought they were taking care of the road conditions but I don't know that for sure. If any locals are lurking please chime in and let us know. Even if the road is in poor shape it beats going through town.

jbot- is someone going to be home this saturday to let me in and install a furnace?

lol ya, if i do end up going riding, the girlfriend will be there to let you in and i'll make sure she has access to the funds.

she will not be pleased. but yes, someone will be there no matter what. what time you think you'll get here on sat?

I ordered a set of tires Monday, they didn't come in today & my schedule doesn't have time in it to get tires mounted by Saturday morning now that they aren't here today. I don't know if the rear tire will make a 300 mile trip for sure but I'm willing to take that chance, I know they will not make a 400 mile trip.

I like 666 but the road conditions have been deteriorating, it's a great road if it has good pavement. It was closed for a while this summer so I thought they were taking care of the road conditions but I don't know that for sure. If any locals are lurking please chime in and let us know. Even if the road is in poor shape it beats going through town.

Is this the section?

Traffic Advisory

OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Office of Public Information – 9600 Jacksontown Road, Jacksontown, Ohio 43030

http://www.dot.state.oh.us

IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 29, 2009

Muskingum County

OPEN to TRAFFIC

SR 666

(JACKSONTOWN) – The Ohio Department of Transportation District 5, Deputy Director Karl D. Newman announces State Route 666 near Gilbert Road is now open to traffic. The route was closed in early August to repair the roadway.

Is this the section?

Traffic Advisory

OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION

Office of Public Information – 9600 Jacksontown Road, Jacksontown, Ohio 43030

http://www.dot.state.oh.us

IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 29, 2009

Muskingum County

OPEN to TRAFFIC

SR 666

(JACKSONTOWN) – The Ohio Department of Transportation District 5, Deputy Director Karl D. Newman announces State Route 666 near Gilbert Road is now open to traffic. The route was closed in early August to repair the roadway.

i stand corrected good find. let us know how the repairs are!

I checked Google maps, Microsoft maps and they had no construction information for that road but wasn't too sure if we should trust it. Inya for the win, nice. I do know the single lane honk RR underpass. Not that I do much site seeing when riding but 666 does have some nice scenery.

I checked Google maps, Microsoft maps and they had no construction information for that road but wasn't too sure if we should trust it. Inya for the win, nice. I do know the single lane honk RR underpass. Not that I do much site seeing when riding but 666 does have some nice scenery.

i knew nothing about that underpass when i first rode it and was like wtf is this pick up honking like an idiot in from of me. :lol: