What do you think?

KhaoticRebel

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20394840/

Personally, I do think some pipes are excessively loud. On my bike, I have a Yoshimura. I know it's a tad louder than stock, but I don't think it's going overboard by any means. Some bikes though, unfortunately, look like they could ruin things for the rest of us in the future should our city ever put into effect similar laws. On the other hand, I do think it would be horribly unfair to single out bikes with loud exhaust, because there are plenty of cars out there with obnoxiously loud mufflers and sometimes, no mufflers at all!

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

i feel safe that the harley guys are going to raise enough uproar if any laws get too out of hand.

That's nice, leave it to somone else to fight your battles, that's as cute as Ninja Nick's new avatar. JJ to both of you. But, has anyone noticed that exhaust pipes face out the back of a bike, or this some sort of new revelation? Pretty sure that the cage that is turning left in front of me couldn't possibly tell the police officer if he/she heard a Screaming Eagle or a Leo Vince exhaust. Personally I like my pipes reasonably quiet until I jump on the throttle.

Wow..if that passes im in BIG TROUBLE!!!!!!!

No shit you are! lol

As of July 1, riders in New York City are subject to a minimum $440 fine for having a muffler or exhaust system that can be heard within 200 feet.

My exhaust, stock, can be heard at 200 feet.

I believe the problem in New York is that either lane splitting is legal and

it scares people into swerving when you split w loud exhaust or the concrete walls everywhere tend to reverberate the sound and make it worse. I witnessed both problems when I was in New York a couple of months ago and

both sucked and surprised me when they happened.

I believe the problem in New York is that either lane splitting is legal and

it scares people into swerving when you split w loud exhaust or the concrete walls everywhere tend to reverberate the sound and make it worse. I witnessed both problems when I was in New York a couple of months ago and

both sucked and surprised me when they happened.

That does make a lot of sense. Although, it would be funny to watch the face of somebody in a convertible while a loud piped bike splits the lane beside them.