OR Holiday party in NEO - Sat. Dec 19th

RVTPilot

After a great deal of conversing with eachother over the merits of Christmas Ale, Yota and I have decided that a holiday get-together would be a grand idea. So, here it is. The details are below, but the idea is simply this: getting together with our OR brothers and sisters, having some Christmas Ale wassail and hanging out. We're looking to get a keg of Ale (I am going to try and lock that up by the end of the week), and guest are free to bring whatever they'd like the crowd to sample. (Or be beer snobs. We really don't care either way.)

• What: Christmas Ale party at RVT's haus
  • When: Saturday, December 19th, 2009. 7 PM
  • Why: Christmas Freaking Ale!!
  • Who: Our OR gang!

Please RSVP to me via PM by the 12th so I can plan accordingly. If you want to contribute something to the festivites, PM me and let me know. Anything is appreciated! Obviously, me being in NEO, this is a bit of a roadie for some. I can host a few (Yota has dibbs on a couple spots already), but don't be discouraged. If you trek up from C-Bus or beyond, we'll find a roof to put over your head and get you a place to crash.

Edited by yotaman88210

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay boyz...I did some leg work and found a place that we can get xmas ale.

Details: 1/6 barrel (55 12oz servings), $79.99 + $30 deposit, no tap rentals (if you want to buy one it's $50)

I called and they are getting a shipment in on Monday and he said they sell out the same day. The best way to get one is to go up there, pay for one and wait for it to come in.

^ i also have a tap, if it's needed. worked in May, and will get a thorough evaluation at my 5th annual "Thankskegging" party next Friday.

FWIW, you can buy 1/6 barrels from the GLBC gift shop now; at least that is what their newsletter claims.

I'm supposed to be snowboarding in NY that weekend... buuut, there is a chance that I can make it... there's actually a pretty good chance bc I have tickets to the orchestra in cleveland on the 20th.... hrm... I may need a place to stay.