What kind of cage should I get?!

flyboy1011

Okay, please don' take this as an insult or that I am being a jerk...but are you an investor or have you talked to an investor concerning this then? And I dont mean an investor on the USAA payroll? Just trying to understand is all. :D

Oh and on a side note: did you know you can deposit checks at home through your scanner? Thats how I deposit our paychecks, didnt know if you knew. Cool feature.

I understand where youre coming from. I do my own investing. I took out this exact loan 3 years ago. Spent 1/3 of it on frivolous things...travel and whatnot. Invested the rest and earned about 20% since then. 5% return in 4-5 years is VERY doable and modest. I have the frame of mind where youre money should always be making money for you...it shouldnt just be sitting there.

The check scanning is awesome, but for some reason it cant read my checks. What are you doing with hardcopy checks?! I assume youre DoD, what happened to direct deposit?

It would be AWESOME if civvie banks would do the check scanning thing! I was always jealous of Chev when I had to make about an hour round trip just to deposit my paycheck, and he just went home and did it! We now have a bank that I deal with in town, and they also have the scanning ATM's.

The check scanning is awesome, but for some reason it cant read my checks. What are you doing with hardcopy checks?! I assume youre DoD, what happened to direct deposit?

Not DoD. Prior Active Army and NG. It was direct deposit for me then. But now as a civilian, my place of employment doesn't do DD. Try taking a piece of black paper, cut it to be a little bigger than your check. When you go to scan, put your check down with the black paper on top. Flip check over, repeat. I used to have problems scanning before but since I started doing this, not one problem, ever. Well good luck with your loan. Hope all works out. Buy a Chevy FTW! :D

Agree w/ the conservative mode on these posts. Take the loan, invest it, get a return. IF you NEED a car, buy used, buy a salvage rebuild, BUT whatever you do DO NOT buy a new car. It is the worst thing you could do. They are not investments. Most Cars are a drain on your resources. It's a dead expense. Figure up the cost of a car and all the maintenance you've done, if you can keep it at .10 a mile or less, you're doing o.k. Buy a 20-40,000 dollar car and you gotta put a helluva a lot of miles on it to keep it at .10 a mile or less. No one does that much because they get tired of driving the same thing and they trade them in or sell them at a loss.....

Yeah there's no way in hell I'll be going for brand new, I know how much of a waste that is. Going off of what redkow is sayin, the practicality and what not, I'm still set on the STI, but I probably don't need all that extra shiz. So I guess I can settle for a WRX :)