Whats wrong with it?

Jcroz91

yes but still 1,400 miles?? really? swapped clusters? is there anyway to tell clusters are swapped?

That bike is an 06. KBB probably only has it at $5500. Drop at least two grand off due to rebuilt title and it all makes sense. There's nothing fishy, it's rebuilt. You get what you pay for.

EDIT: I was right on KBB. That's retail too.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2006/suzuki/gsx_r600/79449

I've got nothing against rebuilds but you gotta check em out really good. People can be shady.

If you really want it and you think the price is good have it looked over by someone in the biz.

I would suggest taking it up to Cycle Search.

paying for an hour or so of labor aNd having it looked over by people who do rebuilds would def be worth it. I believe they are doing a free pickup and delivery with certain services. Give them a call and see what they say. You would also get a discount for being a member here as they are a sponsor. Click the sponsor tab above for their info.

front lowered with a strap, might indicate drag racing?

Don't you normally lower the front by raising the fork tubes in the triple tree?

Strapped front is definitely drag racing. Doesn't allow the forks to uncompress and lift the front. More than likely it was bought by some squid who wanted a drag bike and while doing a burnout before the race he dumped it.

Strapped front is definitely drag racing. Doesn't allow the forks to uncompress and lift the front. More than likely it was bought by some squid who wanted a drag bike and while doing a burnout before the race he dumped it.

beat me to it, I almost typed this exact same message, but I said douche instead of squid.

Buying a rebuilt salvage vehicle is not for everybody. as long as it's fixed up properly, I would not worry. If you're not planning on having the bike for a long time, I would not bother, because resale can be rough.

Then bike could have been a theft recovery. Ask the seller about the history, and reason for being rebuilt, along with SPECIFICS of what has been repaired/replaced.... Also, keep in mind the the rebuilt salvage inspection has nothing to do with the vehicle being rebuilt properly, it's all about making sure you used no stolen parts in the rebuild!