Winterizing your bike?

Jcroz91

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i forgot to mention my tires are race tires. I have a crappy concrete floor that sweats and the water stays between the tires and the ground and when that freezes it cracks the tires if u roll the bike.

DSCF1508.jpg

And how is that the concrete floor "pulling moisture" out of the tire? That was your own negligence. You actually have your bike stored in below freezing temps? :nono:

i forgot to mention my tires are race tires. I have a crappy concrete floor that sweats and the water stays between the tires and the ground and when that freezes it cracks the tires.

DSCF1508.jpg

wow that shits nuts. but we really dont need to worry inless we have water on our garage floors. my garage is heated and the floors are painted with that epoxy garage floor stuff. i think ill be good. last resort ill roll it forward every so often so its sitting on a new spot

And how is that the concrete floor "pulling moisture" out of the tire? That was your own negligence. You actually have your bike stored in below freezing temps? :nono:

Did i say that somewhere? HMMM maybe the search button is ur new friend;)? I said the floor swetas and the water gets traped between floor and tire then freezes. As of now the bike is always in my living room during winter months. This can happen to unmounted tires also during crazy temp swings.

Did i say that somewhere? HMMM maybe the search button is ur new friend;)? I said the floor swetas and the water gets traped between floor and tire then freezes. As of now the bike is always in my living room during winter months. This can happen to unmounted tires also during crazy temp swings.

My bad, I was thinking of 1000's post when I saw your tires.:cool:

it happens sam! At the time i had 6 bikes and i stupidly left the backup bike outside while i worked on the main race bike. One day i will have a bad ass garage and never have to even go in the dam house!

I'm not gonna lie, having a climate controlled shop for the bike is awesome.:p

I'm not gonna lie, having a climate controlled shop for the bike is awesome.:p

That's where mine and Jporters is. It stays roughly 55-60 degrees in there. But like I said, since mine is getting torn apart, I'm not doing much of that stuff this year. I should put a rag in the tail pipe though, that can't hurt.

That's where mine and Jporters is. It stays roughly 55-60 degrees in there. But like I said, since mine is getting torn apart, I'm not doing much of that stuff this year. I should put a rag in the tail pipe though, that can't hurt.

I dont bother with that but I've got shorty pipes. I keep mine between 65-70. Makes working on it in ALOT more enjoyable.

i keep looking for a house to rent here in coshocton that has an attached 2 car garage :( i shipped the tona to my dads heated garage. put the sumo in my spare room, and have to wheeler in a million peice spread between my spare room, my garage and parts in both of my dads garages haha. some one buy a house up here as an investment and let me rent it!