OR 4th Annual Spring Dyno Day

DTM Brian

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN! That is IF you're going to be there this time. :D

I will be there for sure. :)

tuning in the morning possibly? I got those block off plates finally put on so I will probably need to get a tune? PM me what kind of deal you can give me on a custom tune for helping out last year ;)

I would want to get started by 9am. I can not thank you and the others that helped last year. Will be sending you a PM per your request.

And how much do you charge the slackers like me for a tune? :) I'm hoping to add some mods in the next 2 months but it soley depends on what Uncle Sam brings me in February. :)

Regular price for a custom (not canned) map is $200.00. I have been doing $50.00 off that price for members of OR. Be sure to have all the modifications you are wanting done so you can get the most out of a custom tune.

How low will that dyno read? :lol: J/k man, we know it's got more than my 500!

How much does that FZR weigh again, though?

I believe I have a pocket bike measure 1.8 hp on the dyno. :popcorn:

i've never had any of my vehicles on a dyno - how many pulls would I need to mess with my power commander and tune a little rather than just getting a baseline readout?

the PO of my track bike claims it is mapped for 87 octane, but seeing as it's a track bike, and there's a full titanium exhaust on it, i think tuning for premium is in order.

i've never had any of my vehicles on a dyno - how many pulls would I need to mess with my power commander and tune a little rather than just getting a baseline readout?

the PO of my track bike claims it is mapped for 87 octane, but seeing as it's a track bike, and there's a full titanium exhaust on it, i think tuning for premium is in order.

A custom map usually takes 1-2 hours. The number of pulls varies. Keep in mind when doing a custom map you are not just doing pulls at WOT. To do complete map I start at 100% throttle position and work backwards. Pulls are made at 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10%, 5%, 2%, 0% covering as much of the rpm range as possible.

Air/Fuel Targets are as follows

12.8 to 13.0 @ 100%, 80%, 60%

13.5 @ 40%

14.0 @ 20%

14.7 @ 10%, 5%, 2%, 0%.

It has been my experience that these targets offer the best of everything including max power, throttle response, engine longevity, fuel economy.

Edited by DTM Brian

• 1 month later...