new sport face-lift on my ugly Versys

18hawkdh

hey all,

really hated the looks of my Versys, but i love the bike.

so i made some new parts from ABS plastic, vinyl wrapped some parts and painted a few.

made my own rearsets, moved them back 2''.

new lower bars, and went forward with them.

i bet nobody will figure out what it is now.

the one pic is the stock bike.

just thought i would share with the class. :)

dave

Edited by 18hawkdh

I want to buy a used Versys so bad and turn it into a dirt bike...

78445493.jpg

cimg3446.jpg

img1768wc1.jpg

img1779wn9.jpg

It's really easy to do and only costs a couple of grand to do all of the mods.

I'm in the middle of making a longer swingarm for a guy who's making a dual sport out of a Ducati 620 Monster. But can't imagine taking one of those unreliable suckers off road.

Edited by Earache

img1779wn9.jpg

I'm in the middle of making a longer swingarm for a guy who's making a dual sport out of a Ducati 620 Monster. But can't imagine taking one of those unreliable suckers off road.

dood this is awesome

ya know... For a couple of grand, you could just buy a dirt bike...

Just sayin.

What fun would that be?

Not too many twin dirt bikes out there capable of long distance rides though. These are set up for riding highways when needed on cross sountry trips. That's kind of the idea and purpose behind them. Nice ride to Alaska bikes.

img1779wn9.jpg

I can see making an adventure bike out of it, but that exhaust is extremely vulnerable, the first rocky section you hit it's gone....and the same for those cast wheels.

I'm actually a fan of taking big bikes where they shouldn't go, but I don't quite understand spending money to turn a Versys into a shitty DR650, when the DR is cheaper and more suited to what you're aiming at to begin with. I like the Versys, but I'd keep it closer to its street/gravel design.

But hey, different strokes.

As the owner of 2 Versys...................a "dirt bike" they ain't.

They are one of my favorite bikes ever though !!!! If you look on Kawasaki's website, they are listed as a sportbike...not so much that either, but way closer than a dirtbike IMO..............

They were made as "gravel road bikes" - not off road bikes.

Adventure guys take them on long trips to Alaska where they'll be riding mostly gravel roads. The problem with thumpers is that they don't do well at high RPM for extended periods of time - that's why they make these contraptions.

I'd love to buy yours Harb, but I can get a wrecked one for $1000 - and that's pretty much what I'd have to pay for it so I could afford the rest of the mods on it without spending too much.

I know they're funky and not everyone's cup of tea, but that's the point: taking a rag and making it into something you like.