Detty Installations new service van

max power

To better serve our customers (and to keep me from suffocating in an extra cab full of tools), we have purchased a new (used) service van.

It formerly delivered the mail and now it will haul the mail to your location to service or install your security or fire alarm system.

Cargovan003.jpg

Cargovan002.jpg

Cargovan005.jpg

Cargovan006.jpg

Cargovan008.jpg

Edited by max power

Lock up your sheep! :lol:

The girl is like :wtf: it's a FORD... Ugh.... :lol:

Congrats though! It sounds like it will make things more comfortable, and possibly better service!

I know. I swore I'd never own another Ferd, but I couldnt pass up the deal. It only has 38k! Know of any issues with these Windstars or the 3.0 V6? Its a 98.

I know. I swore I'd never own another Ferd, but I couldnt pass up the deal. It only has 38k! Know of any issues with these Windstars or the 3.0 V6? Its a 98.

When they get some miles on them, head gasket issues pop up from time to time. We see a few of them at the shop and I can't really think of anything specific that is overly common to them. The 3.8's had some intake manifold issues, and most of the ones we see have the 3.8. That 3.0 is the Taurus engine, and has been pretty reliable.

Now that I think of it, probably the most COMMON problem with front wheel drive fords of that era would be steering rack leakage, in addition to the head gasket problems. I'm not saying to expect either to happy, just other than the typical maintenance and small repair issues, those are the only things I've seen failing enough to mention.

When they get to 39K miles they go to shit! :lol:

Seriously, hope it works out for you.

Now that I think of it, probably the most COMMON problem with front wheel drive fords of that era would be steering rack leakage, in addition to the head gasket problems. I'm not saying to expect either to happy, just other than the typical maintenance and small repair issues, those are the only things I've seen failing enough to mention.

The rack was one of the first things I checked. It is clean and dry as a bone. As a matter of fact, the whole engine is clean and doesnt appear to have ever leaked anything. The only thing I've found wrong with it so far is the radiator fluid was brown. I think it was original, so I flushed it and replaced it.

The steering is a little sticky until it warms up. Not sure if it is an issue with the rack or the pump.

Free Candy! GET IN THE VAN!

4686_slide.jpg?v=1

Needs a "Free Candy" sign
the big question! did it come with free candy and a sign?

You've been beat to the punch Kid, a couple of times. :p

and no, it didnt come with a free candy sign. I'm getting one made. Spray paint is so tacky.

free%20candy-thumb-400x196.jpg