Dirty tricks of debt collection: What you need to know

Casper

Wonder what's on that mystery site. Has crashed my ZOMG GAWD FRIGGIN awesome iPhone 4 times now. Guess I'll have to wait till I'm on a Windows machine to read it :-/

It's the debt collectors! They think you owe money, so they don't want you to know their tricks! :lol:

Ima read this one later, and compare to some of the stuff I had recently learned about the subject, both from other's experiences, and my own. :eek:

"They'd say, 'How can you look yourself in the mirror?' And one asked me, 'Do you have a wife? Do you have a girlfriend? What would your girlfriend think?'"

This sort of shaming happened often, says Golde: "One asked, 'Don't you feel just wrong about this?' Another asked, 'Don't you have any integrity?'"

I would respond with "Your exactly right! I've been so overwhelmed by all the stress. I've lost everything! My wife, family, and friends have all left. They lent me money to see a therapist to help me with the depression, but your right! I'll never get out of this! I can't stand living like this"

Then I would fire my gun and drop the phone, making them think I shot myself.

I would respond with "Your exactly right! I've been so overwhelmed by all the stress. I've lost everything! My wife, family, and friends have all left. They lent me money to see a therapist to help me with the depression, but your right! I'll never get out of this! I can't stand living like this"

WoW that might work :)))

unless if they called again, and you answered :)))

Fukkin win :) I'm gonna do that :)

So, is this a thread for the members that don't pay their bills?

Easiest way to keep debt collectors off your back is to pay your debts.

Easy to say, and shows that true adversity has never been faced.

WoW that might work :)))

unless if they called again, and you answered :)))

Fukkin win :) I'm gonna do that :)

Not so fun if they call the police...they show up at your door, and you get a ticket for discharging a firearm within the city...not to mention one or two other charges.

Get a high quality recording of a gun shot and play that. When the cops show up, say that you were playing MW 2. Probably not gonna fly, but slightly less trouble than discharging a firearm.

Easy to say, and shows that true adversity has never been faced.

"true adversity"?

I have little sympathy for people that carry 10-20k in debt and then when they loose their job scream that the banks OWE them something

If you lose your job and can't pay your mortgage, that's one thing... but the typical debt that requires "collections" has little to do with adversity.