Drove 6 hours to buy a RC51 today and .....

garysol1

In my opinion the bike was miss represented. Really pisses me off I drove to Columbus and came back empty handed. Here is a copy of the ad

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/1540051808.html

So I see the seller pulling up with the bike in tow. Damn it looked so badass. First thing I notice is it is just plain dirty. Looks like it was ridden hard and put away wet. No excuse for that. As I start looking the bike over I see a bunch of touch ups on the upper fairing edge, right side. Ad says bike has never been down. I wonder how the edge of the upper is all chipped. Then I notice the right side lower has cracking starting from the upper middle bold and radiating an inch or two down.....now I am getting pissed. Couldn't the seller have told me this shit before I drove 3 hours to meet him?? I won't even get into the thin brake pads and grooved rear rotor.......

Edited by garysol1

damn man. thats right around the corner from me. I would have gone and checked it out for you. That guy is on another forum i frequent pretty often, i saw it for sale there not long ago, but hes had it for sale for ALONG time, i knew there had to be a reason. Sorry to hear about the bad day! I wouldn't have settled eaither for that kind of money.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

you sound like a picky nicky and a complainer. for one it's a 2003..not a 2009 from the showroom floor.

it's been ridden.

for 12K miles there's no way the rear rotor is fucked up to the point it's grooved already. thin brake pads...are you really complaining about that??? it's got 12k miles. it's going to have thin brake pads. do you even know how thin they can be before you need to replace them? usually so thing the back plate almost touching the rotor. have a look at your owners manual sometime..

buy some new ones.

as they say, I guess it's not the bike for you.

Edited by serpentracer

The bike is overpriced to begin with. Look at the market of RCs right now. Second, I know how that goes. I looked at a Mille and it was a little iffy but the price was okay. I went back with cash the second time and it was even more scratched up, and the guy didn't even want to change the price. Fuck em'

It hurts a little to walk off on the first one you find but there's always another one you may stumble onto.

you sound like a picky nicky and a complainer. for one it's a 2003..not a 2009 from the showroom floor.

it's been ridden.

LoL......Not even close to a picky nicky as you put it. I do expect a seller to disclose damage though. When the ad reads "looks great and has never been down" I do not expect to find a dirty bike with body damage......would you?

nit picky? I dont think so. for 5400 dollars and 12k, that thing oughta be a pretty nice bike IMO. as for the groove in the rotor, thats very possible if someone rode the brake everywhere. I know a few guys who have a very bad habit of resting there foot on the rear brake, and not even realize it.

I have seen those 2 on Craigslist....The first one is a 2001 SP1 and I really want the SP2.

The second one is 260 miles away. There must be something closer. I did email him last week and got some better pictures. The bike looks really clean. It will need a PCIII to remap for the pipe but besides that it looks good to go!!

Sorry you couldn't get your bike. I know the feeling. Couple years back I drove 2 hours to look at a bike. I even said to the guy, "Please tell me everything because if I get down there and it's not what I think it's gonna be, you're not gonna sell it and I'm gonna be pissed."

I get down there and the thing's all cut up with cheap speakers in the panels and one of the covers was so gouged by a screw driver because he didn't take the time to read the God damned instruction manual, and the things obviously been down more than once on each side. He says, "The last guy did this. Here's my new bike." It's a Triked Wing. I said, "You did all of this, the last guy didn't do anything. You cut this thing all up, scratched the shit out of that cover and dropped it all over the place because you can't ride. That's why you got a bike with training wheels! Did you seriously think this was gonna fly!? You had to know I wouldn't buy it didn't you? I should turn you upside down and dump out my gas money." Then I displaced about a ton of gravel from his driveway to his lawn when I took off.

I said, "You did all of this, the last guy didn't do anything. You cut this thing all up, scratched the shit out of that cover and dropped it all over the place because you can't ride. That's why you got a bike with training wheels! Did you seriously think this was gonna fly!? You had to know I wouldn't buy it didn't you? I should turn you upside down and dump out my gas money." Then I displaced about a ton of gravel from his driveway to his lawn when I took off.

Pisses me off,and there are alot out there like this.

I've got a legit nice ninja,can't get anyone to even look at it>>>>>..LOL

Pisses me off,and there are alot out there like this.

I've got a legit nice ninja,can't get anyone to even look at it>>>>>..LOL

Not many around here have respect for the little 250's. I like the one we have, but I don't think I want another one!

Did you post that think on the ninja250riders.org forums?

Did you post that think on the ninja250riders.org forums?

Guess I need to get more active in selling the 250.

I posted it there and have no replies....Oh well....guess I'll just keep her till the economy gets better,then hike the price back where it should be.

My wife keeps telling me that maybe I'm not really trying to hard to sell it..LOL>>>

Edited by J_Copeland

Yeah..Sounds like a classic case of Misrepresentation.

I hate people like this and is exactly why I tell people everything.

9 times out of 10, when I hae somethig for sale...It sells to the first or second guy to look at it as I make everything clear, and make sure there intentions to buy are good.

Saves everyone a lot of time and headache.

LOL, that dude (not "that dude") lives right behind me!!!! He's a SQUID and he sucks. I wish I would have know you were going to look at that bike. I could have saved you the trip.

So give me the low down...... What do you know about the bike besides what I noticed?

So give me the low down...... What do you know about the bike besides what I noticed?

I know its been for sale on srdayton.com and craigslist for A LONG time. and he offered it for this bike here, and then backed out. http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=37117

Edited by oldschoolsdime92