Teach her to ride.

Anden

Everyone is correct about waiting, I knew nothing when I went. I can give you some help to get you started. Next couple of Sunday's are busy but i might be able to still meet

I guess my view point comes from the fact I learned to ride off road as a kid so when I got back into motorcycles as an adult I already knew the basics and with five acres of field to practice in the KLR was right at home. When I finally took the MSF return rider class I had over 35,000 new miles under my belt. So it just reaffirmed the things I knew. In reality there were several things the MSF class taught which I questioned as really BAD on road in real life. A big one was the outside-inside-outside left sweeper turn method they taught. In real life this dangerous as your tires may still be in your lane but you head is in on coming traffic.

In talking with the instructors afterwards they admitted the MSF DOES NOT make you a capable road rider. It DOES teach you the basics of how to ride. There is a difference. And I was also glad to hear the female instructor back up my view point that learning to ride off road first is a better way to become proficient as a rider than learning on the road.;)

I hope this explains why I really thing new riders should have a dual sport bike first since it will allow them to ride off road first and then as they become better prepared to handle the controls, turn the bike, stop the bike and shift they can move onto the road ways.:dirtbike: The MSF is a good place to start but don't take it thinking you'll come away from it fully prepared. :rolleyes:

Everyone is correct about waiting, I knew nothing when I went. I can give you some help to get you started. Next couple of Sunday's are busy but i might be able to still meet

Will have to see what we can do. Apparently I'm not able to ride on the back of a bike..so would have to be when someone can ride my bike there....

picking up packet tomorrow, should be ready to take test Tues or Wed

Just a hint, don't skip over the drug and alcohol penalties like I did. They seem to weigh those situation heavily on the test. Remember they consider EVERYTHING open season as questions including the names of the head of SHP. ;)

Good luck.