OR bike nights 2010

jj1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I am glad I stated this thread to get some ideas, if anyone of the events team or a mod wants to take lead. By all means... the :popcorn: has been fun to this point.

and to the comments that it is only march.... well that is actually kinda late to be thinking about this anyways. Most of the places that are having bike nights start advertising them first of march to get business ready, and most of them start next week. there is a lot that goes into getting a Bar/restaurant ready for a big passionate group of people and providing entertainment for them.

If we don't get an OR bike night this year somewhere than that is what it is, but we could always find a place that has one set up that isnt that popular yet and make it our own thing. With that said I would suggest RoadHouse 66 http://www.roadhouse66.com/ they have bike nights wed and thurs night.

OK just my 2 cents , there is a new bw3 on west fifth ave. central location and im sure if someone went in and talked to the guy they would love the business , has a nice bike parking lot and is central located . ill go talk to owner if it is an option

What he said. Coke and hookers, my place afterwards... :p

well I am glad I stated this thread to get some ideas, if anyone of the events team or a mod wants to take lead. By all means... the :popcorn: has been fun to this point.

and to the comments that it is only march.... well that is actually kinda late to be thinking about this anyways. Most of the places that are having bike nights start advertising them first of march to get business ready, and most of them start next week. there is a lot that goes into getting a Bar/restaurant ready for a big passionate group of people and providing entertainment for them.

exactly. someone needs to take charge of this. Casper?

catfight.gif

Seeing as how I don't have beef with either of these guys, this is good clean entertainment!

Anyway, I vote for a vote. Maybe a choice between some of the places mentioned, or a new poll every week to choose the next week's victim. Or something else. :p

for people wanting to go on long rides and do road trips you sure are lazy when it comes to just meeting up for a good time

Since you didnt quote anyone but posted this right after my last one mentioning it closer to me I can only assume youre refering to me.... I'll cut you some slack since you just joined and dont know me but you'll find I'm far from lazy when it comes to meeting up. I travel to more, attend more, and travel farther than 90% of the members on here. I was just pushing for somthing closer to me for a change.

Since you didnt quote anyone but posted this right after my last one mentioning it closer to me I can only assume youre refering to me.... I'll cut you some slack since you just joined and dont know me but you'll find I'm far from lazy when it comes to meeting up. I travel to more, attend more, and travel farther than 90% of the members on here. I was just pushing for somthing closer to me for a change.

Yeah, and RT16 sucks from Newark into Columbus. Well I guess pretty much all the roads do.

Well how bout this, Thursday Texas Roadhouse at polaris. Food and drink specials already set up. If we don't like it fair enough but nothing else is going to happen this Thursday it seems so lets give it a try. The owner will let us get bands and do fund raisers for us too. Let's say six thirty or seven?

After reading all this, and searching on the internet, and compiling a spreadsheet...

There are 15 confirmed Bike Nights in the Columbus area.

Some are new, and might have hardly anyone there, or might fail.

Also other Bike Nights in Dayton, Johnstown and Pataskala.

There are 4 Bike Nights that are maybes. Not enough information.

There are 6 to 8 bike nights that might happen, if they get organized.

There is some interest in FlashMob Bike Nights, just suddenly going where ever.

This doesn't even include the popular gathering at Taco Bell on High Street.

After reading all this, and searching on the internet, and compiling a spreadsheet...

There are 15 confirmed Bike Nights in the Columbus area.

Some are new, and might have hardly anyone there, or might fail.

Also other Bike Nights in Dayton, Johnstown and Pataskala.

There are 4 Bike Nights that are maybes. Not enough information.

There are 6 to 8 bike nights that might happen, if they get organized.

There is some interest in FlashMob Bike Nights, just suddenly going where ever.

This doesn't even include the popular gathering at Taco Bell on High Street.

So, plug in the formula to that spreadsheet, and let us know where to be! :lol:

Ya know, polarass would be reasonably close for me, but I prefer not to ride up that way. I vote for east side, or further east, pataskala, newark, etc... I'm most liekly not going to make it for a couple months, as my wife has something planned for thurs night for 10 more weeks, and I have to be home to take care of the tax deductions.... After that, I'm gonna lay down the law (aka...beg) to get to go to some bike nights.