why do people buy bikes but then not ride em?

optimoprime

i just dont get it. everyone i know who has a bike NEVER wants to ride. asked a guy last night who said he used to MOD here and i asked him why noone rides, he tells me to make a post and usually a few people will want to go out.

so i post and not one person wants to go. i just seems like everyone i know or can contact with a bike dosent want to ride em.

i know i spent a good bit on my bike and i'm on it daily for commuting but any day off i'm on it ALL day.

but maybe i'm just bitching idk, any thoughts??

i just dont get it. everyone i know who has a bike NEVER wants to ride. asked a guy last night who said he used to MOD here and i asked him why noone rides, he tells me to make a post and usually a few people will want to go out.

so i post and not one person wants to go. i just seems like everyone i know or can contact with a bike dosent want to ride em.

i know i spent a good bit on my bike and i'm on it daily for commuting but any day off i'm on it ALL day.

but maybe i'm just bitching idk, any thoughts??

Sounds like a rant to me. If you are on your bike ALL day like you say. I will count ALL day as 8 hours times 2 days for being off like most people, average 30 miles per hour would be about 14,000 miles a year. Thats not including comuting.

Ride up to me and I will ride with you

If I didn't have plans already to ride with my wife today I would have rode with you! We just got back,

just did 68 miles thru Delaware/Marysville/Dublin and Hilliard. My wife just rides a 250 and is still learning, you wouldn't had any fun riding with us today.

But maybe we can ride another time.

Sounds like a rant to me. If you are on your bike ALL day like you say. I will count ALL day as 8 hours times 2 days for being off like most people, average 30 miles per hour would be about 14,000 miles a year. Thats not including comuting.

Ride up to me and I will ride with you

well from aug till dec last year i did 5k and this year i work 6 days a week 11-12hr shifts so its not been so much but i put about 2k just this season.

i would have more but when i ride solo i'll only ride for an hour or so at a time.

i'm with you. I was the first of my local friends to get a bike then i had 3 pick one up over the last year. they always got girlfriends to hang out with or some stupid reason not to ride. might have ridden with one of them 4-5 times in the past 2 years.

i would have more but when i ride solo i'll only ride for an hour or so at a time.

you've barely warmed up your tires, your engine, and your seat after an hour...

my normal rides are 3-5 hours, and my longest was 30...

some people that have a bike are just a rich wussy poser that wants to have a bike to be cool and are scared to ride. probably the same people that asked me if i want to race and i so o.k. and then they backdown. or sometimes if they ask me if i want to race i say no i would rather fight.

:lol::popcorn::violin:

some people that have a bike are just a rich wussy poser that wants to have a bike to be cool and are scared to ride. probably the same people that asked me if i want to race and i so o.k. and then they backdown. or sometimes if they ask me if i want to race i say no i would rather fight.

There is much pent up anger in this newb. You need to rub one out. ;)