Finally got the bike painted...

chevysoldier

...and back on the road. Got the carbs running pretty smoothly, still some minor adjustments I think need to be made. All in all it runs strong, better than it did before I think and even starts easier now.

Decided with the help of OR to go with a satin black color. The paint has it's defects but it is a 96 and is not a show bike. I don't have a lot of experience painting or doing body work so I think I did alright. It's a daily rider and bugs/stones happen.

Wow, nice!

Thanks, you should be seeing it in person pretty soon. ;)

Looks great bro. you do it yourself?

I did all the prep and body work. Had some cracks and chunks missing from the previous owner I had to fix. My boss painted most of the pieces and I painted a couple. The muffler also had a long scratch down the side and when I was sanding it out, I kinda liked the "brushed" look and just said screw it and left it like that. haha

Nice job man

Thanks. I don't envy you at all. Sanding those pieces by hand was a bitch, very time consuming. I'm sure if I did it more often it would have gone quicker but I don't think I ever want to do something this in depth again. If it was just primer and paint it probably would have been okay.