Today really sucks.

chevysoldier

Went to my parents to chat with them after work. My dog Dusty stays there because I can't have pets at the apartment and don't have enough time to take care of her. Well she has had a limp for awhile now and it's getting worse. My mom took her to the vet to have some x-rays done and found out she has bone cancer. It's eaten away to the point where she could easily break her leg. She's about 12 years old which is really pretty good for a golden retriever. Also has cocker spaniel and chow in her. So this weekend I'm gonna bring her home so I can say my good byes and plan on getting lots of pictures of her and my daughter. Probably next week we will put her down. I still remember about 11 or so years ago going to the pound to find a dog. She just sat there and shook her body, she was that happy. Didn't bark once. I knew immediately she was the dog for me. That's one thing I keep thinking about, how we rescued her and gave her a much better life. She's had a great life and and been a wonderful friend.:(:(:(

Edit, sorry for the large pictures.

f3tg7b.jpg

335ftdk.jpg

30avs0g.jpg

Sorry to hear that. We had to put my golden down for the same reason. It's been five years, and it still sucks to find pictures of her. Last summer, my parents had to have a tree dug up in their back yard, and they found a few kongs, and five of those bones that petsmart sells. Real bone, with some kinda junk stuffing. She used to eat the stuffing, then bury the bone while pooping. (Please, no "burying the bone" comments. We're talking about my deceased dog here.)

It's a very difficult part of life.

Seriously sorry about this. I love animals and whenever this happens it is one of the hardest things to go through. All I can tell you is that it will get better, and you will be left with happy memories. But it takes time, all you can do is hang in there.

sorry to hear bro. Our last dog looked just like her.

She died in the hottest part of summer. I cried my eyes out while sweating buckets and hand digging a 5 foot deep hole for her big ass. She was a great dog, just chilled in the yard. So a year later I got a lab pup and after 5 years of putting a boot in her ass, I have another great dog. Still miss the old one tho. Never gave me a single problem. She only made it to 10.

Aww man, sorry to hear this. It will get easier to deal with over time. Remember the good times. I have had several dogs and cats over the years and I cried each time they passed. The night before I had to put down my shepard/huskey mix ( named Jake), I made 2 large steaks, one for me and one for Jake. I sat with him on the floor and we both had steak and beer. I figured the beer would not do any harm. So even now, I still get a bit choked up when i hear that older country song called "Feed Jake".

Aww man, sorry to hear this. It will get easier to deal with over time. Remember the good times. I have had several dogs and cats over the years and I cried each time they passed. The night before I had to put down my shepard/huskey mix ( named Jake), I made 2 large steaks, one for me and one for Jake. I sat with him on the floor and we both had steak and beer. I figured the beer would not do any harm. So even now, I still get a bit choked up when i hear that older country song called "Feed Jake".

dude thats a tear jerker right there :(

I'm with Kawi, that is a tear jerker. It's funny though, my wife and I were just talking about giving her some good people food. She's never been aloud to have any. A steak sounds like a good idea.

Do something special. The 2 worse parts was being in the room when he got "the shot" and then driving home alone, to come home to put away the food bowl and pick up the dog toys. I currently have a 13 year old cocker spanel named King Kinser Outlaw, named after the sprint car driver, Steve Kinser. Kinser has a lump on his side, can hardly see and hear, and needs to be carried up steps. Cool story, I actually had Steve Kinser sign the AKC "family tree" papers. Just like I did with Jake, I will make a shadow box for Kinser's collar, leash,picture and Akc papers when he passes.

Making a shadow box is a really good idea...I am chevysoldier's wife and I was also thinking of making a scrapbook for all the pics he has of Dusty...Also, thanks to everyone for their prays and support, even though Dusty is a dog she is still a huge part of the family.

My pug runs around looking for beers to knock over so she can drink. I wouldnt know how I would react if my dog passed away. Shes my first pet ever and Id do anything for her.