Post your driving record

Casper

^---- Now that, is a WEAK-ASS ticket. I hope when you got your license and regs you wiped your dick across them before handing them to the cop.

It was an 87 or something like that in a 65. I went to court, talked to prosecutor got it reduced to a no points speed. If you don't have a bad record you can do it every time.

I was actually on my way to pick up Yota on a Saturday morning.

I wish you could see back to when I was 16. There would be about 12 or 14 tickets in all. I actually just got one in NC a few weeks ago. 86 in a 55, have to have an attorney represent me or I have to go back there. It's a racket. I got a bunch of letters in the mail from attorneys, one of them will do it for $60. But the others have a sliding scale based on the violation.

Edited by vw151

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Ohio driver abstract spans the previous two-year period.

License Status as of 04/07/2010: VALID

ENDORSEMENTS: MOTORCYCLE

RESTRICTIONS: NONE

**************CONVICTIONS**************

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: MARIETTA MUNICIPAL COURT COURT CASE: TRD0905840

OFF. DATE: 11/07/2009 CONV. DATE: 12/10/2009 POINTS: 02

OFFENSE: SPEED 4511.21D

082 MPH IN A 65 MPH ZONE

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: FRANKLIN CO MUNI COURT COURT CASE: 8190156

OFF. DATE: 09/16/2008 CONV. DATE: 10/07/2008 POINTS: 02

080 MPH IN A 65 MPH ZONE

***END OF DRIVER RECORDS***

I find it interesting that many of the speeding violations (ala buxnut) were ORC Code 4511.21D

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.21

(D) No person shall operate a motor vehicle, trackless trolley, or streetcar upon a street or highway as follows: (1) At a speed exceeding fifty-five miles per hour, except upon a freeway as provided in divisions (B)(13) and (14) of this section;

(2) At a speed exceeding sixty-five miles per hour upon a freeway as provided in divisions (B)(13) and (14) of this section;

(3) If a motor vehicle weighing in excess of eight thousand pounds empty weight or a noncommercial bus as prescribed in division (B)(11) of this section, at a speed exceeding fifty-five miles per hour upon a freeway as provided in that division;

(4) At a speed exceeding the posted speed limit upon a freeway for which the director has determined and declared a speed limit of not more than sixty-five miles per hour pursuant to division (L)(2) or (M) of this section;

(5) At a speed exceeding sixty-five miles per hour upon a freeway for which such a speed limit has been established through the operation of division (L)(3) of this section;

(6) At a speed exceeding the posted speed limit upon a freeway for which the director has determined and declared a speed limit pursuant to division (I)(2) of this section.

In my most recent run-in, the code cited was 4511.21C

© It is prima-facie unlawful for any person to exceed any of the speed limitations in divisions (B)(1)(a), (2), (3), (4), (6), (7), and (8) of this section, or any declared or established pursuant to this section by the director or local authorities and it is unlawful for any person to exceed any of the speed limitations in division (D) of this section. No person shall be convicted of more than one violation of this section for the same conduct, although violations of more than one provision of this section may be charged in the alternative in a single affidavit.

I dunno if a case can be built upon that (D may just be a subset of C and therefore nothing), but I'll need to look into it.

Your Ohio driver abstract spans the previous two-year period.

License Status as of 04/07/2010: VALID

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: MIAMI CO MUNICIPAL COURT COURT CASE: 807842A

OFF. DATE: 07/05/2008 CONV. DATE: 07/15/2008 POINTS: 02

OFFENSE: NO DRIVER LICENSE

The power of a warning can be more than a ticket sometimes.

I got a ticket tonight from a statie on my way to New Lex. 61 in a 45. They keep changing the speed limits on Coonpath Rd. This little section is 50, this one is 55 and this one is 45. Pissed me off, so I flew the rest of the way.

Looks like I'm going to court. Now I gotta find that fighting tickets thread.

Oh yeah, I didnt mention my CCL. Didnt have it on me since I was going to an ELKS meeting. Statie comes back with my ticket and asks, "Wheres your gun?" I say, "at home." He says, "You should have it on you, I'm a huge proponent of concealed carry, cuz you never know." Then he wants to talk about guns like he's my buddy. What do you carry, blah, blah, blah. Fucker.

I find it interesting that many of the speeding violations (ala buxnut) were ORC Code 4511.21D

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.21

In my most recent run-in, the code cited was 4511.21C

I dunno if a case can be built upon that (D may just be a subset of C and therefore nothing), but I'll need to look into it.

Both of those were on freeways, issued by staties. 71N by polaris and 77S at mile marker 13. Dont know if that makes a difference in what code they refrence on the ticket

We're going what's on your record now from the link originally posted though.:p

I don't want to be the highest posted. It's nothing to brag about. I'm just glad my high speeds that I've done in the 17 years of driving have never been caught. :D:cheers:

I don't want to be the highest posted. It's nothing to brag about. I'm just glad my high speeds that I've done in the 17 years of driving have never been caught. :D:cheers:

I don't have near the balls nor level of stupidity that I had when I started riding 25 years ago. When I was 20 or 21 I had a GSXR1100. That was a bad bad combination. All balls and no brains......I am lucky to be alive.

This is my recent :) I have had 20 tickets 14 years. That doesn't include seatbelts, etc..

License Status as of 04/08/2010: VALID

**************WITHDRAWALS**************

FRA REQUIRED UNTIL 10/24/2011

NC NON COMPLIANCE SUSPENSION STATUS: COMPLIANCE

START: 10/24/2008 END: 01/22/2009 BMV CASE: NC08134916

FRA START: 10/24/2008 FRA END: 10/24/2011

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: MANSFIELD MUNICIPAL CRT COURT CASE: 2010TRD01099

OFF. DATE: 02/04/2010 CONV. DATE: 02/22/2010 POINTS: 02

OFFENSE: TRAFFIC CONTROL LIGHTS

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: BEREA MUNICIPAL COURT COURT CASE: 9D06448

OFF. DATE: 12/06/2009 CONV. DATE: 12/23/2009 POINTS: 02

OFFENSE: SPEED

078 MPH IN A 60 MPH ZONE

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: MANSFIELD MUNICIPAL CRT COURT CASE: 2009TRD03768

OFF. DATE: 04/18/2009 CONV. DATE: 06/03/2009 POINTS: 00

039 MPH IN A 35 MPH ZONE

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: ASHLAND MUNICIPAL COURT COURT CASE: 8D05664

OFF. DATE: 08/30/2008 CONV. DATE: 09/05/2008 POINTS: 02

OFFENSE: NO DRIVER LICENSE

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: WADSWORTH MUNICIPAL CRT COURT CASE: 8D04732

OFF. DATE: 08/21/2008 CONV. DATE: 09/02/2008 POINTS: 00

OFFENSE: VIOLATION SEAT BELT LAW

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: WADSWORTH MUNICIPAL CRT COURT CASE: 8D04732

OFF. DATE: 08/21/2008 CONV. DATE: 08/28/2008 POINTS: 02

087 MPH IN A 65 MPH ZONE

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: ASHLAND MUNICIPAL COURT COURT CASE: 8D04139

OFF. DATE: 06/27/2008 CONV. DATE: 07/11/2008 POINTS: 00

OFFENSE: VIOLATION SEAT BELT LAW

Mine is pretty bad.

Car:

First Ticket was Running a Stop Sign

Second was 87 in a 60 on 33

Third was Improper left turn resulting in a accident which i got four points for.

Fourth was Running a red light.

Fifth was Failure to control when my rear tire blew out.

Motorcycle:

None

They got him for that and then some... 6pts (Hell, wreckless op is only 4). Vehicular homicide is 6pts. My best guess, is they nailed him with the Bolded and underlined violation below.

http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/point-system.php

I do question the speed though... how was that verified? Radar, laser, VASCAR, air? That's quite a 'trophy'.

Its pretty common actually. Anything over a certain speed limit and they can give you both the 2pt speeding ticket and the 4pt wreckless op.. = 6pts

Strange......When I ran my record last night my CDL nor none of my CDL endorsements showed...............

I'll play

License Status as of 04/08/2010: VALID

ENDORSEMENTS: DBL/TRP/TL

MOTORCYCLE

TANK&HZMT

C1 IN-STATE CONVICTION

COURT: MANSFIELD MUNICIPAL CRT COURT CASE: 2009TRD03768

OFF. DATE: 04/18/2009 CONV. DATE: 06/03/2009 POINTS: 00

039 MPH IN A 35 MPH ZONE

Did you haggle with the prosecutor and have it reduced as well?