05 zx6r riders...got a question

ohdaho

Have y'all done the ram air and jumper mod? I just installed some HIDs so I figured what the hell...free horsepower is always a good thing. But damn! I've noticed a considerable difference.

Have y'all done these mods? What did y'all think?

I haven't done the Kleen air mod since it's considerably more work than silvoning a quarter or bending a paperclip.

Just did the jumper mod a couple of weeks ago. I haven't gotten a chance to play in the higher rpm's much since doing it, but the little I have seems to be noticeably stronger.

Haven't done the ram air mod yet, but plan on doing it soon. From what I've heard it's mostly a sound mod.

I've done the jumper mod. What's the ram air mod?

In your ram air duct, there's a water drainage hole and resevoir that can be plugged and removed. Its pretty simple. You removed the resevoir (two screws) and then silicone a quarter over the hole in the ram air duct.

i have been caught in the rain more than once and i like the idea of keeping the motor with out water............

It may help in this regard, but I'm pretty sure the main purpose of that piece is to quiet the intake down. Water, in general, doesn't hurt an engine as long as it isn't dumped in there in a large volume. In that case, I can't see that piece making much of a difference. There are even water injection systems that purposely spray water into the intake, a common mod for turbocharged cars.

To back it up, I've read on the other forums of several people who have done it and drive in rain consistently without any trouble.

and the water injection is to help with pre-detination.

That is generally the purpose, but it also helps to make more power (assuming the engine has a power adder that heats the intake air like a turbo or sc). It's direct purpse is used to cool the intake air before going into the engine. It's mostly used with running forced induction when you don't have room for (or just don't want to use) a large intercooler or you just want additional cooling of the intake.