Christian SportBike Association Ride #2 for 2010

PhilS

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on being there. Is there a map like the first ride so I can see where we are going. I can probably meet yall somewhere on the route since it's somewhat my way. Let me know...
Well Hocking it is. John is working on the route now..................more details later, but you can count on this:

Saturday May 15 -Calvary Chapel of Columbus 6075 East Livingston Avenue

9AM arrival gassed up and ready to ride

9:30 launch

Some details are working out, but the route should look something like this:

195 mile round trip down 664, 180, 678, 374, 664 again, to 93 to 50 MacArthur. Then 50 and 278 to Nelsonville, then 78, 13, and back to the start via 204 and 256. It'll be about 2 hours/90 miles to MacArthur where we get gas, an hour or less to Nelsonville for eating maybe??, then another 2 hours back home.

More details to come............

There is, I'll have to find it though but this should help.

Just come to the start point so we dont miss you on the route.

Unless it's her first one you dont need to be there, and if it is her first but you dont think it will last you dont have to show either...... Its in the rule book.

if it wasnt for my wife and kids being in the wedding i would ride all day.

are you meeting them over there or somewhere on the route

Is there a map like the first ride so I can see where we are going. I can probably meet yall somewhere on the route since it's somewhat my way. Let me know...
There is, I'll have to find it though but this should help.

Just come to the start point so we dont miss you on the route.

Here is the map of the ride. I hope you all can make it.

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/40109

I found it! :D

:lol: Thanks John

Plenty of time to get that done, Hoblick has some used tires in great shape for cheap PM him. As for brakes they're not that costly either and I'll change them for you if you cant....... an besides you dont use the back brake much anyway:)

I know. Hoblick's got some great deals on tires/mounting and balancing. And yes brakes are cheap. However. I haz no monies. For real. :(

Monkey wrench in the money i had.

lol.

I hate not being able to make it. As i'm free. I'm sure i'll make the one after this. After this one, when can you make the next one Todd?

How many bikes you expecting on this ride? Considering it, not sure,

I need to be riding my bicycle every chance I get until after this ADA charity ride.

Some people just don't feel comfortable in a larger group because they think it could increase the possibilty of an accident

That makes it more interesting watching Rick go off the road (the first time) :p

Just messing Rick!!

Some people just don't feel comfortable in a larger group because they think it could increase the possibilty of an accident

I don't think there's anything "wrong" with large group rides, but what you said is indeed why I tend to shy away from them.

However, the last ride I was on was only three bikes and one went down so I guess the numbers really don't matter much :dunno:

I don't think there's anything "wrong" with large group rides' date=' but what you said is indeed why I tend to shy away from them.

However, the last ride I was on was only three bikes and one went down so I guess the numbers really don't matter much :dunno:[/quote']

Exactly, so bring your ass out for this one! Then if you don't want to in the future, I won't bug you about it......unless I forget that I said this..... :lol:

I can't see the map from my cell but was on 374 Saturday going to rockhouse with the fam and the road had some debre n some turns. Not sure if ya'll going this way but watch out. Hopefully rain clears it up and not make it worse...ill b with u guys n spirit!

^ +1, i road 374 -> 180 -> 374 -> 664 -> 56 -> 93 -> 664 last weekend. 374 was clear for the most part , the 3 sets of turns before ash cave on 56 all had loose gravel in them, 664 had some pretty gnarly stuff on the double 15mph turns. i did not ride it but the 15mph turn on 678 usually has some gravel.

True, although I was far enough back I was able to stop. you went right by him.

Because she's a pro.... she didn't target fixate and follow him off the road. Thats a big thing any rider needs to learn. That bike is gonna go where you're looking.

I don't think there's anything "wrong" with large group rides' date=' but what you said is indeed why I tend to shy away from them.

However, the last ride I was on was only three bikes and one went down so I guess the numbers really don't matter much :dunno:[/quote']

You can crash just as easy on your own as you can in a group. Ride your own ride and you'll be fine, don't try to keep up with the guy "or girl" in front of you if its obvious they are over your ability and don't force the rider behind you to make a bad pass if you're holding someone up wave them by.

And personally I'd rather crash on a group ride than alone...... alot more people there to help.