Christian SportBike Association Ride #2 for 2010

PhilS

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not say I was sandbagging, it was more keeping an eye on my other bike. I did not want to see that thing slide across the pavement in my mirror. I thought it was a good pace, never felt like I was above 80% ability.

As far as the Sheriff passing, I was more concerned with the second group since I spotted him right away and was able to go by him at 55 and slow the bikes down behind me. The second group was not able to see us slow down though so I thought for sure someone would have been pulled. over

The pace was brisk but not insane from my humble 550cc view.

I got a good look at the sheriffs face. He clocked every last bike as it went by. I guess he either likes bikes or didn't want that much paperwork or both!

I wouldn't want him to recognize me when I was alone in the area, I bet I would get a ticket. I was in the last group, some slowed to 70 or so I think.

Oh yeah..one last thing...What was with the old men at that Dairy Queen? They kept going up to Me, out of all people to talk? I'm an old man magnet, isn't that what the Hobbit said? And thanks again Hobbit, for leaving me alone with the really weird one!!!

I'm not stupid! I saw what was going on and walked right on by.....

Thanks for the great ride everyone!

Today was my first time riding Hocking, and it was awesome! I'm just surprised at how well my little 250 and my abilities did with keeping up! I even made it to Newark to visit with some relative that are in from MD!

Oh yeah, I'm still :lol: a bit at the Hobbit comments Ben!

Don't encourage him.

And yes, Hocking is always an incredible, scenic ride.

Just imagine how much of a hooligan he'd be otherwise! :eek:

Good point!

I heard I wasn't the only one to go airborne after we passed 22 I think it was.

It was only a couple of feet but it sure was a different perspective on the road. :D

Chevy and I both went airborne on one of those hills.

Yes. I may have crapped myself because I wasn't expecting it, especially not both wheels.

I was thinking about you guys on Saturday. It was a beautiful day for a Hocking ride!

Hey dude:

Yeah......I was thinking about you yesterday as we ate at the same Sonic we did last year......

You ever thought about one of those Conquests or something to get you back out? http://www.conquest-international.com/conquest1200.html

Please keep in touch man..........

Later

It's all about QUALITY vs quantity my brother... :)

John, don't I at least get credit for the pictures?...geez...lol

Thanks for posting the pics man and good to see ya come out again. And wow 3 posts in 4yrs where do find the time?? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a route planned for ride #3 yet? I need to let my new job know I have to have that Sunday off.

This is the closest we have so far:

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=58529

I know there was some talk of using the CSBA ride for an opportunity to do a charity ride for the Brian Kinney Foundation. I would do everything possible to be there if that is the case, and I'll try to be there anyway.

When I spoke with Todd on Sunday he said something about the benefit for Brian but I have not heard anything about it. I would love to include our ride with the benefit but I need to know more about it.

Looks like our ride next month will be a benefit ride for Brian. I am not sure if the 300 miles will be a good route since we will want to get as many riders as possible to participate. I may have to come up with something that is not so long. Everyone give me your feedback please.

300 mile ride! It looked like a blast! 300 miles in the saddle isn't that bad. When you're having fun riding you'll forget how bad your back end hurts. I want to ride 26 real bad too and I was saving it for that trip.

People will show up for the cause no matter how long the ride for the benefit IMO

I spoke with Brian today and I have agreed to include our ride as the ride for the benefit ride. I am thinking we could possibly put together 2 rides for the same day. One shorter ride for those that do not want to put the miles in and the other long one which was Brian's favorite ride last year before he was injured. I will be researching routes over the next few days to see what we can come up with.