New rider with a 600rr

AudioStatic82

Thought I'd say hi. I live in Hilliard and just bought a 06 CBR 600RR, a buddy of mine has a gxr 650f (or whatever the new katanas are called). Typically up for a good ride most any time, but only have my temp right now.

I have about 2 hours of riding on my bike thus far .. from the one time I've gone out. My friend's been riding for about a year.

If anyone checks this out, we're looking to potentially do a trip out to yellowstone this fall, it's about 30 hours. It's a long trip, but I think it would be pretty awesome. Would love to hear some experienced riders thoughts.

I think after a few more hours of riding, that you'll realize a thirty hour ride to Yellowstone isn't as much fun as it sounds. Unless you're trailering the bikes out there, but then, that's just not real.

You have a 600RR though, so you're automatically cool.

I think after a few more hours of riding, that you'll realize a thirty hour ride to Yellowstone isn't as much fun as it sounds. Unless you're trailering the bikes out there, but then, that's just not real.

this would be accurate. I heart my 600rr but this baby is not meant for distance riding. Combined with my body not being meant for long distances on it.

Welcome! But I will suggest to you spending the coin on a Corbin seat...best upgrade I've made to it

-Very true, welcome :honda:

Welcome!

Listen to the guys around here, if they're messing with you, they're not JUST busting your balls, they will look out for you! Then again, some are just asshats. You'll have to learn what's what, and who to listen to about what.....

Thought I'd say hi. I live in Hilliard and just bought a 06 CBR 600RR, Would love to hear some experienced riders thoughts.

Congrats and welcome to riding. 2 hours is not a whole lot of experience on a motorcycle to be thinking about doing a trip. Please sign up for a MSF course and get some basic training. Also if you can bum some time on a dirt bike go for that. Riding is a skill and it takes time and practice to get anywhere near to being a decent rider.

Keep a cool head and keep the rubber side down. Good luck.

Welcome to the site. Enjoy your ride.

If you find yourself riding with a group of people, don't ride above your skill level. Unfortunately you usually don't know your limit till you're past it. Relax take it easy and learn. You want to be riding a motorcycle for years, not hours. Remember, Stupid happens fast on a motorcycle.

And above all, pay the $25 and take the course.

Have a great season.