New rider with a 600rr

AudioStatic82

Wow, 2hours on a bike and you want to do a 30 hour trip... Um, good luck with that!

eh, I can appreciate the enthusiasm, but I agree.

Taking any 'race replica' on a 30 hour trip is like using a ferrari to plow your driveway.

welcome to the site. I'm sure we can help you find more suitable uses for that RR of yours

2006-honda-cbr600rr-9_460x0w.jpg

hey everyone, thanks for all the welcomes and good wishes. I have a lot of riding ahead of me to get the experience I need and I have no delusions about that.

As for some general comments, my friend posed the trip to me several months ago. I'm still unsure about it just because of the length of the trip, but on the other hand .. it's a pretty badass trip with a hell of a story. I definitely need more practice and time before I could really consider it though. JRMMiii pointed out that people who've done it wouldn't do it again on a sportbike. This sounds similar to what I'm expecting, glad I went, wouldn't go again. A one time experience kind of thing. I just need to find a position on the bike I can sit for 10 hours a day and not want to die.

@zerocrash ... No problem! I'm loving the bike, had it out 3 times now (probably a little faster then I really should have, but I didn't get that bike to putz around at 30 mph).

People at Cycle Search treated me well, we're knowledgeable and cheaper than everywhere else. Highly recommended.

I just need to find a position on the bike I can sit for 10 hours a day and not want to die..

I mean this with all honesty....best of luck with that!

first thing I would look into for you is a seat mod ASAP

I'm loving the bike, had it out 3 times now (probably a little faster then I really should have, but I didn't get that bike to putz around at 30 mph).

be careful. You're learning to ride on a race bike with mirrors and head lights. As much as I appreciate having cheap, plentiful parts available, none of us want to hear about a rider going down. There are a lot of ways to screw-up on a 600...

be careful. You're learning to ride on a race bike with mirrors and head lights. As much as I appreciate having cheap, plentiful parts available, none of us want to hear about a rider going down. There are a lot of ways to screw-up on a 600...

Agreed .. I haven't left my comfort zone and most likely won't. I don't want to learn any of those ways to screw up. The one thing I will never do is stop respecting the bike.

I mean this with all honesty....best of luck with that!

first thing I would look into for you is a seat mod ASAP

I swear you are a Corbin rep! Must sell them on the side with all the post you do talkin' about it...LOL!

I swear you are a Corbin rep! Must sell them on the side with all the post you do talkin' about it...LOL!

my ass is the corbin rep :D haha I wish I had some extra income for as much as I talk about it. The sad thing is I probably only put 200 miles on the seat until it was discovered I have to rig something up in the mounting as there was no clearance between the bracket and battery and put a good dent in the battery

So right now I'm rolling the stock seat and it suuuuucks

hey everyone, thanks for all the welcomes and good wishes. I have a lot of riding ahead of me to get the experience I need and I have no delusions about that.

As for some general comments, my friend posed the trip to me several months ago. I'm still unsure about it just because of the length of the trip, but on the other hand .. it's a pretty badass trip with a hell of a story. I definitely need more practice and time before I could really consider it though. JRMMiii pointed out that people who've done it wouldn't do it again on a sportbike. This sounds similar to what I'm expecting, glad I went, wouldn't go again. A one time experience kind of thing. I just need to find a position on the bike I can sit for 10 hours a day and not want to die.

@zerocrash ... No problem! I'm loving the bike, had it out 3 times now (probably a little faster then I really should have, but I didn't get that bike to putz around at 30 mph).

People at Cycle Search treated me well, we're knowledgeable and cheaper than everywhere else. Highly recommended.

Get some seat time and take that ride you might be a little sore but you won't regret it and the nice thing with bikes is your constantly stopping for gas plenty of opportunities to stretch

Thought I'd say hi. I live in Hilliard and just bought a 06 CBR 600RR, a buddy of mine has a gxr 650f (or whatever the new katanas are called). Typically up for a good ride most any time, but only have my temp right now.

I have about 2 hours of riding on my bike thus far .. from the one time I've gone out. My friend's been riding for about a year.

If anyone checks this out, we're looking to potentially do a trip out to yellowstone this fall, it's about 30 hours. It's a long trip, but I think it would be pretty awesome. Would love to hear some experienced riders thoughts.

Did you graduate from Davidson?

A couple of us rode out to Colorado/Utah/New Mexico/etc last summer. Honestly, it was the best time I've had on a motorcycle. The first day or two hurt. Then your ass just goes numb. Pack light and do laundry. That's my best bit of advice which was passed on to me from Earache. Much easier to do laundry then to carry all that luggage. Also, map out your gas stops. Two of us were on ZX10's, which only have about 110 - 120 mile range per tank.

Did you graduate from Davidson?

Thanks for the advice ... we'd probably map out laundry since we'll be in yellowstone. And no, I graduated from a very small high school called Western Reserve in Berlin Center Ohio, near Youngstown. Minus about 3 people on here, you've probably never heard of it.

After that I went to Ohio State, you've probably heard of that one.

• 3 weeks later...

If I may suggest a shorter,weekend, trip to see if you can stand a full day in the saddle. Try a trip down to deals gap. Its about 400 miles each way plus a couple of runs on the Dragon and the Skyway. By the time you get back you will know if this doable. Most reasonable people, not the iron butt crowd, plan on about that distance. The biggest thing is that you will not feel like a zombie the following morning. Like Casper said take your time.