Need a rear tire bad...input?

chevysoldier

Was just out side figuring out how to set up my tail bag. Noticed I had a little bit of wear on my rear tire. I need a 150/60ZR18. Anyone have one for sale? If I buy new what are the recommendations? I would kind of like a dual tread because I do a lot of commuting on straight, flat roads. But I also want something good for weekend rides on curves. Price is also a factor.

dh7ajt.jpg

34owx3t.jpg

Stupid thing was already flat when I got the bike. Will be nice to have a new tire!

Anyone know about Shinko 006 Podiums? It's either that or another BT-14. Those are my two choices.

Edited by chevysoldier

Bikebandit had 24 reviews, only one said they were crap. Everyone else said they really like them. Maybe I will try these out.

"Tire feels good. I was running Michelin Pilots before these seemed smoother in the corners and were half the price. I will definitely buy them again if they last.
"I recently replaced my Metzler ME3 radials with the 160/60-17 from Shinko and chose this tire due to its low price. I use my bike for commuting. I'm pleasantly surprised with what I bought. I believe it actually grips better than the ME3's, and I've ridden through some rain storms without any skidding during cornering or hard braking.

That tire looks almost just broke in!!!!! hahahaha ..... I would go with the shinkos!! I have been running them everysince I started working at pony and would recommend them to anyone...maybe not for a advanced rider on a track day but good for everything else!!!! GO FOR IT!

if a girl showed up on a group ride that i was leading like that, i would send her home

I would hope so. And hence why it isn't being ridden anymore. If anyone showed up on a ride male or female, me leading or not, I'd send them home.

Are there any wheel swap options for that bike? I know that people put CBR 600 wheels on the early Interceptors, so that they can use more common tire sizes.

I think the only way to do it is with a swingarm swap. I don't feel like getting into that.

I would hope so. And hence why it isn't being ridden anymore. If anyone showed up on a ride male or female, me leading or not, I'd send them home.

I think the only way to do it is with a swingarm swap. I don't feel like getting into that.

That's one thing I like about my bikes, there are a few more decent tire sizes for them that what you're dealing with.