what would you pay for this

rick37

]I have the chance to buy a ak47 with a nice stock,about 240 rounds of ammo,2 30 round clips it also comes with the banit and the original stock.

I have a pic of it in my profile that I will try to get posted.

the person said 750 but I have not bought any guns for awhile and I am not sure how much they are going for. So please let me know if this is to much or not.

Edited by rick37

I have the chance to buy a ak47 with a nice stock,about 240 rounds of ammo,2 30 round clips it also comes with the banit and the original stock.

the person said 750 but I have not bought any guns for awhile and I am not sure how much they are going for. So please let me know if this is to much or not.

What brand? You can get a new WASR10 AK47 from Vances for I think 440... Magazines aren't terribly expensive and ammo isn't either. I think it's too much unless it's a top of the line brand.

What brand? You can get a new WASR10 AK47 from Vances for I think 440... Magazines aren't terribly expensive and ammo isn't either. I think it's too much unless it's a top of the line brand.

what are some the brands out there,and what would be considered top of the line.

I too think that's a little high. The ammo is probably $50 or so. The mags are probably $25 each. Gun around $400-$500. I'd say $500-$600 would be more reasonable. As above, it depends on the quality too.

]I have the chance to buy a ak47 with a nice stock,about 240 rounds of ammo,2 30 round clips it also comes with the banit and the original stock.

Totally depends on brand, rifle and ammo. KVAR had a sale on brand new Arsenals under 500 over the winter. WASRs go in the 300 range. Yugo surplus or Russian new manufacture ammo is about 0.20/round right now. 30 round magazines are under 10 each.

Seen new ones at the gun shows for $425-$450 with nice stocks or plastic stocks and foregrips. That seems real high, unless it has more stuff then listed? After looking at the pics in your profile. I would not pay more then $500 for everything. The folding stock ones sell for even less then the wood. And the ammo is mil surplus about twenty cents a round. Buy a sks if you want a 7.62 they are cheaper and shoot better then the AK.

Edited by speedytriple

That price is not to high all these guys comparing that to new prices are not comparing the same thing ...... If its got the bayonet lug on it as you said then its a preban rifle that means more desirable and a milled receiver instead of a stamped receiver. Couple that with the mags and ammo yes its worth 750. And to all talking about the shooting of them, I doubt they've shot a quality AK. A good AK is far better than an SKS and is very accurate. I'll put mine up against an AR any day its more accurate more reliable and has more knock down power and the accessories are not overpriced with the "AR tax". Now thats mine though and I don't have one of those $300 brand new ones. Many here have seen and shot mine and will attest to this. PM me some more details or pics Rick and I'll give you more info.

wow 750??? he's jewin ya. A new one is around 350-450 depending on what brand. Used ones go for about 250-300, again depending on brand.

I suggest that you "WASP" him up to $800 or $900. WTF? I'd try to clean things up a bit before joining the fiancé’s family for Seder.