FAKE Liter Bikes

fazer1sniper

What IS with the wannabees then? They think it makes their dick bigger or something? I don't get it. If they want to really pose with a 1000, then they should've bought one.

because 900s and 954s are cheaper than 1k's

so you slap a 1k sticker on it and when people you know ask if it's a thousand you can say "Yep- look!"

Seriously, I'm the only dude that's had a brotha ask him if their sportbike was a thousand?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to get technical, pretty much all liter bikes should change their decals to either 998 or 999

Yeah, the 954 is still considered a liter bike in my book. it doesn't matter if it's down 46 cc over anything else, it's close enough. My RSV is a 990cc Rotax motor. Aprilia calls it the RSV Mille (Mille = 1000), I guess that means my dick is bigger? :dunno:

Maybe I just watch too much racing, but I tend to 'group' sport bikes by what class they'd be eligible for...

I think it's silly to put "1000" on the side of a 954, but they'd both have to race in the "A" division for WERA, or "superbike" for AMA (I think).

I love the guys that know just enough about bikes to make themselves look stupid. I've talked to the random ass guys at gas stations and such, and they'll ask if they don't see the sticker first, "what is that a 1000?". I like to act offended and say "No. no, its a 600". Then its usually "I have a buddy that has a 1000" etc.

I actually had this happen on Friday going to the car show up by the greene in beavercreek. I accelerated faster than an STI up to the speed limit, which was not a race of any form :) At the car show he asked what it was, and then started talking about his buddies that ride. I think it hurt his ego a little that his car was slower than a 600.

Thats what people don't get, including some people the DO ride, 600s are FAST. So to fuss about 954 vs 999 vs 900cc is retarded.

I love the guys that know just enough about bikes to make themselves look stupid. I've talked to the random ass guys at gas stations and such, and they'll ask if they don't see the sticker first, "what is that a 1000?".

good. for a second I thought I was alone. My naked SV really threw them off. :D

I love the guys that know just enough about bikes to make themselves look stupid. I've talked to the random ass guys at gas stations and such, and they'll ask if they don't see the sticker first, "what is that a 1000?". I like to act offended and say "No. no, its a 600". Then its usually "I have a buddy that has a 1000" etc.

I actually had this happen on Friday going to the car show up by the greene in beavercreek. I accelerated faster than an STI up to the speed limit, which was not a race of any form :) At the car show he asked what it was, and then started talking about his buddies that ride. I think it hurt his ego a little that his car was slower than a 600.

Thats what people don't get, including some people the DO ride, 600s are FAST. So to fuss about 954 vs 999 vs 900cc is retarded.

gsxr70girl, ross, and myself were at a gas station across from the Pony on our way to ride Coshocton last year, and as we're in the parking lot this big pear-shaped dude comes up to us and asks if they were gixxers. ross and mandie say yes, he starts mumbling about his buddy and how he wants to "get into dem busas." Hilarity ensued.

Anybody who has ever been to the Taco Bell at OSU should understand why this thread exists.

I live just behind this taco bell that you speak of and I do know exactly what you are talking about. They sit there and rev their engines and cat call at women and think they are the coolest cats in town and I talked to some of them and found out they just learned to ride like a month ago and yet they think with their cool bikes that mommy and daddy bought for them they are somehow better than everyone else...

Maybe I just watch too much racing, but I tend to 'group' sport bikes by what class they'd be eligible for...

I think it's silly to put "1000" on the side of a 954, but they'd both have to race in the "A" division for WERA, or "superbike" for AMA (I think).

Exactly what I told the 954 guy. If anyone asks what size it is say it's "liter class". Besides, most guys who know thesse bikes can tell the differnce at a glance any way.

These guys are not kids, I don't get why it's SO damned important to show "who's Bigger". I've only been on street bikes for about 9 years and I went to a 1000 (998cc exactly) Yammi FZ1. I love the bike and it's power but I have been SMOKED on twisties by riders on "little" bikes more than I care to admit. I know damn well there I guys with more experiance than me and there are guy (& girls) who are just better, more technical riders than I am. I still love to ride and love my bike. There is no "1000" or even "FZ1" markings on it at all after removing my half-fairing.

Nowadays the performance levels between 600 and 1000 have narrowed to the point that rider skill level can close the gap.

But I think a few of you hit the nail on the head.... It's comming down to the "CDI Factor" (Chicks Dig It). this was shared with me by one of the members from Cali on the FZ1 forum:

"It's all about the girls.. I laugh'd my ass off one night when this HOT chick in a tight tee shirt, mini skirt, fish nets and pumps, came up to my buddy at bike night in LA and asked "is that a 1000". He replyed, "No it's a 600". She giggled and told him as she leaned into him. "To bad, I thought you were a real man", and walked off. Laughing and strut'n her stuff as she walked out of sight.

I almost fell off my bike I was laughing so hard. "

Then its usually "I have a buddy that has a 1000" etc.

Don't you just love that shit? :nono: It's everywhere.

"It's all about the girls.. I laugh'd my ass off one night when this HOT chick in a tight tee shirt, mini skirt, fish nets and pumps, came up to my buddy at bike night in LA and asked "is that a 1000". He replyed, "No it's a 600". She giggled and told him as she leaned into him. "To bad, I thought you were a real man", and walked off. Laughing and strut'n her stuff as she walked out of sight.

I almost fell off my bike I was laughing so hard. "

:lol: True story? ...because that is HILARIOUS! :lol:

Back-in-the-day, we used to strip and remove all manufacturer and size and name markings from our bikes. Rattle can paint them pretty, and no one knew what they were for the most part. And we liked it that way.