Shinko Tires Review

NINJA14

Those speeds are a lie even if the magazines "proved" them out. I had a 05 Busa that had stock gearing; it would go to an indicated 186 but would only GPS 170. I also had a ZX12R that was -1/+2 that would peg the speedometer but would only go 167 MPH with the GPS while it was banging off the rev-limiter. 190 on a dyno means nothing to real world riding for top speeds.

08 14, -1/+2 gearing, speedohealer GPS verified and has hit 177, but didn't hit the rev limiter. I'm sure I was getting close probably. I like acceleration more than top speed anyway. I don't need to go 200mph. I just want to move "quick". :)

Edited by NinjaNick

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Suzuki should make a 250 mph capable limited edition, Hayabusa based bike that requires a simple (do-it-yourself) unplugging of a wire to turn off the speed limiting. That's what I want for Christmas.

Edited by alienpi

08 14, -1/+2 gearing, speedohealer GPS verified and has hit 177, but didn't hit the rev limiter. I'm sure I was getting close probably. I like acceleration more than top speed anyway. I don't need to go 200mph. I just want to move "quick". :)

did you buy some of those big brass balls ross was carrying around on the forklift?

that's a lie......he says he goes only 65 on it at gas station buddys.....

:lol:

"over the limit....we will get you"

• 1 month later...

After about 2-3 weeks of riding on a set of Shinko 009s, I can honestly say that I can't stand them any longer.

I want fresh tires for the upcoming trackday, so I've suffered with them for a little longer than I'd like to. The speed wobble around 130 mph is unreal; the front tire tracks the ground really bad! I kinda kept the 130 mark in my brain as the limit when I was going around a sweeper about 110 and the front end started wobbling mid corner and hopped about a foot or so to the outside. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking the damper saved it.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe my suspension settings could have been off, or that they were out of balance or something. But I've had Dunlop, Bridgestone, Pirelli, and Michellin tires in the past and they were all good enough for my slow sport-touring non-knee dragging style.

So glad to be taking these tires off. Going to try out the DynaBeads with my new 2CTs.

So glad to be taking these tires off. Going to try out the DynaBeads with my new 2CTs.

Please report back your experience with Dynabeads. Actually, if you have the opportunity, slap the tires on without balancing, then put in the beads and refill and let us know how they do. I'm going to do so next time I need tires.

Please report back your experience with Dynabeads. Actually, if you have the opportunity, slap the tires on without balancing, then put in the beads and refill and let us know how they do. I'm going to do so next time I need tires.

Put the beads in during mounting, sorry about that. The bike feels better than I remember with the Pirellis.

Those speeds are a lie even if the magazines "proved" them out. I had a 05 Busa that had stock gearing; it would go to an indicated 186 but would only GPS 170. I also had a ZX12R that was -1/+2 that would peg the speedometer but would only go 167 MPH with the GPS while it was banging off the rev-limiter. 190 on a dyno means nothing to real world riding for top speeds.

Correct me if I'm wrong(I'm never wrong so STFU) but running that gearing on the 12 lowered your top end speed.

The Busa could have done better than 170 on the GPS, even at stock set up but I'm sure you already know that.

I've heard that the Busas regularly hit around 240 mph in the Dyno. I'm not sure if that's stock gearing. 200+ mph in the real world sounds feasible.

You heard wrong. And a Busa has to have some pretty significant mods to hit the 200 mark in the real world

You heard wrong. And a Busa has to have some pretty significant mods to hit the 200 mark in the real world

Should be no problem... Even a RC51 can hit that speed!