Brian Kinney Benefit Ride - June 19, 2010

PhilS

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does the shifter work? is it like an air shifter with a button on the handlebar? do you still clutch it?

It's actually pretty cool. It's an electric shift cylinder that hooks up to the shift lever. I will have 2 buttons on the left handgrip for up/down shifts. It has a module that kills the ignition for a fraction of a second between shifts so you can safely do clutchless shifting. You can also do clutchless downshifting too...just not really fast. I will still need to use the clutch for take offs and stuff.

Here's the web site: check it out.

http://www.pingelonline.com/eshifter.htm

It's actually pretty cool. It's an electric shift cylinder that hooks up to the shift lever. I will have 2 buttons on the left handgrip for up/down shifts. It has a module that kills the ignition for a fraction of a second between shifts so you can safely do clutchless shifting. You can also do clutchless downshifting too...just not really fast. I will still need to use the clutch for take offs and stuff.

Here's the web site: check it out.

http://www.pingelonline.com/eshifter.htm

Will you be linking the brakes, or just relying on the front? I'm not sure which way I would want it myself.

Will you be linking the brakes, or just relying on the front? I'm not sure which way I would want it myself.

For now, I am just gonna run the front but I am looking into dual levers that control both front and rear. The idea of grabbing too much rear brake still scares me a little though. I've also seen people rig a thumb brake under the left hand grip for the rear brake. I may go with that option. Still, I rarely used my rear brake even before my accident...unless I had a passenger and I don't see that happening! We will see.

Would love to go. Just depends on if I get to take my vacation. If not, then I will be able to. Since I will be in FL otherwise!

I hope you can make it! The more, the better.

Edited by Bkizz

For now, I am just gonna run the front but I am looking into dual levers that control both front and rear. The idea of grabbing too much rear brake still scares me a little though. I've also seen people rig a thumb brake under the left hand grip for the rear brake. I may go with that option. Still, I rarely used my rear brake even before my accident...unless I had a passenger and I don't see that happening! We will see.

I hope you can make it! The more, the better.

The thumb brake sounds like a good idea! I had to actually ride my bike to know how much I use the rear, and it is very little, unless I need to stop really quickly. I sometimes will use it by itself in traffic, or when almost completly stopped, but rarely am I in situations where I think I couldn't do without it. It sure sounds like you have every little thing planned out! I'm sure little things will pop up as you get it together, but you have it all together.

Here's the flyer...Pass this out! I am on my way over to Iron Pony to make sure it will be ok with them to use the parking lot for a little while.

benefitflyer.jpg

Edited by Bkizz

I just got back from Iron Pony and left a bunch of flyers at the parts desk and some up at the front security guard's desk by the checkout counters. I was not able to talk to Alan or Frank about it but I will be calling them tomorrow. Hopefully they will be cool with us using the back of the lot. :D

i need to ride with people who dont mind going that slow, i cant get any tickets (10 points) and im still a newb on the bike :)

Don't worry, there will be several different groups to ride with. I'm sure others feel the same way.