Brian Kinney Benefit Ride - June 19, 2010

PhilS

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, everyone and their mom is taking a vacation next weekend. Common! It's not like it's summer or anything. OK, instead of telling me you can't make it, lets hear who CAN come. I don't know if I should expect 5 people or 50. I have been working hard handing out fliers and spreading the word. I guess it will probably come down to how the weather turns out. I'm crossing my fingers we get ONE DAY WITHOUT RAIN. I swear, Ohio turned into Florida.

I will be there because I like that guy's style of leading ^^^^.

Oh and to get some more jabs in at the bandit guy.

Yeah, that Bandit guy is a doofus.....but his bike is SWEET!

Brian - Need any help with supplying the food???

When Danballa and I rode it a couple weeks ago it took us 3 hours in the rain so you may as well plan on 3 hours. We can stop in Danville for gas which is under 100 miles. Not sure about a head count since this forum is not the only place it is being advertised. We will have to wait and see Saturday morning. We are certainly hoping for a large head count. I have typed up turn by turn directions so I will have those available as well for anyone that wants one.

Yea, I am clueless as far as a head count goes. Could be 10...could be 100. I think people have been taking flyers at Iron Pony and I also have other flyers all over the place. I am crossing my fingers for a good turnout!

As of Monday, the section of 715 that we are riding on was closed due to flooding. Not

minor flooding either. Completely covered, as far as I

could see in on spot. Several other spots were in bad shape due to sticks and mud all over the road from where those spots were

flooded earlier. Hard to tell what it will be like on sat. With this Ohio weather.

Danville also has a turkey festival that day. Dunno what that is.. But figured if mention it.

Montgomery road was still closed, have to pass it, then turn left on hyatt rd. Pretty bad gravel in one of the curves to the right. On hyatt. End if hyatt turn left on old Mansfield rd.. Then turn right on lower fredricktown rd.. And then we are back on track.

Just hoping to screw up our fearless ride leaders turn by turn directions!