Sat 6-5-10 afternoon ride?

jporter12

Edit: It's looking like the weather is going to be hit or miss. I'm not looking to get wet this time, and nobody has showed much interest, other than TaRR, but he won't be able to go until about the time I would want to be heading back. Sorry man. That is why I said not 100% sure it will happen... If the rain stops, and someone commits to wanting to ride, I will go. /Edit

Anybody up for some sort of ride Sat afternoon? Probably be ready to go around noon or so, as it gets warmer. Nothing too serious, just to get out for a little while. I was thinking Coshocton area, maybe take some the route that will be used for the CSBA ride in a couple weeks (leaving out the straight boring parts!) or whatever. Even Hocking would be ok, if someone wants to lead around there, since I don't know the area.

I don't want to be out too late, and not 100% sure I will even go, since I really need to work on my hon-duh to get it back on the road. Weather is also a factor, and might make it a last minute decision to not go. I don't want to get soaked on a ride that's just for fun!

Anyway, post up ideas, if anyone wants to ride, etc...

Edited by jporter12

So you are posting to set up a ride you might not even go on?

If the weather's good, I'm going... Otherwise it's working on the other bike.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had something in mind.

Edited by jporter12

I work til 3 so if you go after that I will go but if that is to late. I will just ride a little myself.

i will definitely go or not go.

:lol:

I'd go with you but we have the ADA bike ride this morning, it will

last until around 1:30ish then we'll be pretty spent after that.

Occasional thunder storms this afternoon. Heavy rain tonight. A break in the cloud cover around noon, will allow heat from the sun to cause some storms to form up that weren't there before. I'm guessing most will be mid to late afternoon, from the winds aloft from the West. Ground winds will be from the South-West. Radar shows a large storm system approaching from the West, but guessing it can't get here before 5 or 6pm.

edit: And if you haven't looked at the radar yet, the area north of I-70 is getting hammered.

Edited by ReconRat

Ass...

I work til 3 so if you go after that I will go but if that is to late. I will just ride a little myself.

That's a little late for me, we have a family function this evening, and I owuld need to be back not long after you're able to get out.

Occasional thunder storms this afternoon. Heavy rain tonight. A break in the cloud cover around noon, will allow heat from the sun to cause some storms to form up that weren't there before. I'm guessing most will be mid to late afternoon, from the winds aloft from the West. Ground winds will be from the South-West. Radar shows a large storm system approaching from the West, but guessing it can't get here before 5 or 6pm.

edit: And if you haven't looked at the radar yet, the area north of I-70 is getting hammered.

Thanks for the detail on the weather Tom! It's looking like there's a good chance of it rain and t-storms all day, FML. Maybe this is just a sign that I need to get the other bike together?

The lead elements of the storm system from the West have burned off. New ones will take their place. Impossible to predict where and when. Except for Northern Ohio, which is getting slammed. Interestingly, major storms formed up after leaving the Columbus area, and have slammed everything to the East of Columbus, and are leaving the state. So oddly, it's been rather clear with little rain in Columbus so far. I've been out doing misc shopping on the bike. Just not going far from home. Mostly because the tail pipe tried to fall off the Jeep...

Ass...

I feel special, double quoted/commented. :D

The lead elements of the storm system from the West have burned off. New ones will take their place. Impossible to predict where and when. Except for Northern Ohio, which is getting slammed. Interestingly, major storms formed up after leaving the Columbus area, and have slammed everything to the East of Columbus, and are leaving the state. So oddly, it's been rather clear with little rain in Columbus so far. I've been out doing misc shopping on the bike. Just not going far from home. Mostly because the tail pipe tried to fall off the Jeep...

Do you do it in the computer generated voice as well?

Do you do it in the computer generated voice as well?

I can do that, if you wish. I got those computer programs that change the voice. Tonight should be interesting. Fast moving storms fully capable of heavy rain, flooding, possible large hail, and tornados. 68% change of 0.48 to 0.67 inches of rain average. With local storms capable of producing 1 to 3 inches of rain in a short length of time. With locally higher amounts of rain in some areas.

If anyone is out after dark tonight, watch out for flooding and fast moving water in low lying areas.

With the way storms are popping up all over the place, nobody wanting/able to go until later, I think I need to just go work on the Hon-duh. I need to do a quick welding favor in a few anyway...

NOW you see why I said it was a maybe...