New and sad story...

GSX-R

So i just bought a 2007 GSX-R 750 a couple nights ago, in a matter of three hours i laid it on it's left side pretty bad. I was making a left hand turn, in the middle of the turn i gave it too much gas and the back tire kept going straight and i fell on my left side, bike drug me for about 15 feet and ive got some serious bike rash on the left side of my body. Not really worried about myself the human body repairs itself...bikes however do not. The rear left tail light is hanging out along with the plastic piece that has the 750 part which is hanging by the lock wire. The bike is leaking anti-freeze and oil:( good news is i found the cause of the anti-freeze leak. I don't know what the part is called exactly so I'll post pictures and try to describe it the best way i can. The piece thats leaking the anti-freeze is round in shape. It has a thick black tube that goes from the intercooler to the round metal part thats leaking anti-freeze, Then from the leaking part another hose goes from there to the engine. I know thats a horrible way to describe it but i need someone to tell me what part this is. I've already taken out of the bike. I found a crack that I'm 90% sure its where the oil is leaking from. Also where the clutch petal is screwed into the frame of the bike has snapped off, bike still shifts gears it just needs to be welded back into place. There are also two hoses that are disconnected that im not sure where they go, Ive been looking for a service repair manual online but i cant seem to find one. Can anyone help me out?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that'll learn you not to give it too much throttle.

Sucks.

The round part is the water pump housing like Gary said. The oil leak is most likely from the cracked engine case on the same side. Good luck repairing it all, that tail looks fuk'd. Time for some eGay parts, there's plenty of people laying down Gixxers alllll day.

IM pretty sure its fixable, weld the small piece of metal back to the frame and screw the clutch petal back in place, the crack is where the water pump connects to the engine so that can be welded close, im about to post another pic of these two small hoses that got disconnected and im not sure where they go. All i need is a new tail light for the rear.

IM pretty sure its fixable, weld the small piece of metal back to the frame and screw the clutch petal back in place, the crack is where the water pump connects to the engine so that can be welded close, im about to post another pic of these two small hoses that got disconnected and im not sure where they go. All i need is a new tail light for the rear.

Wait...weld small piece of metal back to the frame? Details.

Also, if the water pump cover is cracked, that can just be replaced. If the block where the water pump cover mounts is broken, then you have bigger issues.

Get some better, lighted pics of the damage and we can help more. Welding frames is serious business. If you have a crack in the frame you have a big issue. How fast were you going when you laid it down?

. I found a crack that I'm 90% sure its where the oil is leaking from. Also where the clutch petal is screwed into the frame of the bike has snapped off, bike still shifts gears it just needs to be welded back into place. There are also two hoses that are disconnected that im not sure where they go, Ive been looking for a service repair manual online but i cant seem to find one. Can anyone help me out?

What is going on with this "clutch pedal". Are you talking about the arm on the spindle that comes out of the clutch cover area, or are you talking about the rear brake pedal?

Also, where is the crack that is leaking oil? If it is in your engine cases you might as well buy a new case if you are doing the work yourself or maybe a new engine if you are not.

To weld anything you should degrease it first, which means lots of diassembly work. It may be cheaper to just replace it.

I will post more pics in a few minutes, i just got this Gixxer and have wrecked it only having it for 3 hours sucks, but those three hours riding had be addicted for life and i dont want to give up on it, Im sure its fixable.

So i just bought a 2007 GSX-R 750 a couple nights ago, in a matter of three hours i laid it on it's left side pretty bad. I was making a left hand turn, in the middle of the turn i gave it too much gas and the back tire kept going straight and i fell on my left side, bike drug me for about 15 feet and ive got some serious bike rash on the left side of my body. Not really worried about myself the human body repairs itself...bikes however do not.

Human body repairs itself, but only to a point. Never forget that.

I will post more pics in a few minutes, i just got this Gixxer and have wrecked it only having it for 3 hours sucks, but those three hours riding had be addicted for life and i dont want to give up on it, Im sure its fixable.

They're always fixable, except for throttle cables. That shit is best left to professionals. Were you wearing gear? Insurance?

I am assuming this was your first bike since you have not answered the question. The first thing you should do when you get a bike is get some gear; leathers will protect you well and you probably would not have had any roadrash at low speed. The second thing you need to do for any bike is find a service manual. You said you couldn't find one, well lmgtfy, it is the first result. I even downloaded it and checked it, it works for the 2007 gsxr 750.

As others have said, the thing leaking antifreeze is the waterpump, and the black hose is going to the radiator. Intercooler is for turbo or supercharged engines. From what I can tell, you are saying that the shifter broke off the frame, but I do not understand where the leak is coming from. I will need a better picture of the hoses and a better one of the other damage personally.

Post better pictures for us to see where the damage is and read through the service manual. Do not just go around welding anything that looks off, let us discuss it first and we can see what is wrong.

damn... im trying to aviod getting my bike towed all over columbus to different bike sops trying to get an estimate, If Im right (which im praying to god i am) all i have to do it weld the small crack where the water pump housing connects to the engine and weld the small piece if metal back to the frame of the bike so my clutch rod and petal can be screwed back in place, that and buy a new water pump, oil change, new anti-freeze and i should be good to go, engine starts fine, revs fine, and switches gears fine.

damn... im trying to aviod getting my bike towed all over columbus to different bike sops trying to get an estimate, If Im right (which im praying to god i am) all i have to do it weld the small crack where the water pump housing connects to the engine and weld the small piece if metal back to the frame of the bike so my clutch rod and petal can be screwed back in place, that and buy a new water pump, oil change, new anti-freeze and i should be good to go, engine starts fine, revs fine, and switches gears fine.

Just post some good pictures of the damage first, then we will see what you need to do.

damn... im trying to aviod getting my bike towed all over columbus to different bike sops trying to get an estimate

Here is my .02 my friend. Motorcycles are not like cars. Cars you can learn your mechanical and welding skills and if you fuck up the worst that will happen is that you will coast to the side of the road. Welding and doing major repairs on a motorcycle without knowing what your doing can and will put you on your head again.

Please get insurance so that if you do go down again and take one of us out with we are covered financially. +1 to riding gear....