New and sad story...

GSX-R

It looks to me like this is a candidate for the get-insurance, total-it-out, get-new-bike, buy-old-bike-and-use-for-parts method.

Are you really recommending insurance fraud?

Let me ask you this. Do you like the fact that your insurance is only $50.00 a month? Do you think if people were allowed to get insurance after the fact simply to turn around and claim a total loss that YOUR insurance would be as low as it is? Insurance fraud costs all of us in the wallet. Unfucking believable the way some people think that this kind of stuff does not effect everyone.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is so awesome I really hope it's a troll. As if the utter idiocy of getting a Gixxer for your first bike isn't enough..... no training, no gear, no insurance, just go out & ride, err, crash...then try to figure out how to get the fairings off to weld it. Epic.

Let me ask you this. Do you like the fact that your insurance is only $50.00 a month? Do you think if people were allowed to get insurance after the fact simply to turn around and claim a total loss that YOUR insurance would be as low as it is? Insurance fraud costs all of us in the wallet. Unfucking believable the way some people think that this kind of stuff does not effect everyone.

I agree with you and understand where you are coming from, but from someone that has never been in an accident and I still have to pay insurance, with the same company for years, that sounds like fraud. I know it's better to have the insurance for reasons like this, but why must I suffer for being a good driver? Im sorry but I feel like insurance is a fraud. I have it, don't get me wrong, but it's a joke to me in a way.

/rant

Im sorry but I feel like insurance is a fraud. I have it, don't get me wrong, but it's a joke to me in a way.

/rant

You do not have to buy insurance. As long as you have a few million dollars in the bank and you are willing to pay out of your own pocket if you maim or kill someone then your off the hook. Problem solved :)

If your like me and don't have the funds in the bank then I have no problem giving the Ins company a few hundred dollars a year to make sure I am covered and get to keep my house and other belongings if god forbid I hurt someone else in an accident.

You do not have to buy insurance. As long as you have a few million dollars in the bank and you are willing to pay out of your own pocket if you maim or kill someone then your off the hook. Problem solved :)

If your like me and don't have the funds in the bank then I have no problem giving the Ins company a few hundred dollars a year to make sure I am covered and get to keep my house and other belongings if god forbid I hurt someone else in an accident.

Yes, I understand and agree, but you can bet that company drops you like a bad habit. Oh yeah, and good luck trying to get another one to give you insurance "at a good rate". You pay all that money throughout the years, something happens, bye bye.

A few hundred dollars eh?

Progressive quoted me $3500/year for the Aprilia with $1000 down up front. I'm 21, 2 tickets and no accidents. I only paid $5k for the bike, why on God's earth would I spend more than half of it's purchase price insuring it every year?! Fucking crooks.

So I went with state farm.

You'd of prolly saved it if you were on the liter. The 750s are known for going down on the first day. Especially the Blue/White ones. Not really sure why....

Awesome. I like your style.

Only if you already have existing coverage. I can buy a bike and my insurance will cover it' date=' but that's because I already have a bike policy. The "30 day rule" is for transferring coverage.[/quote']

:asshole: hahahaha...had to use this one, could not find the rofl smile....

You guys and your ins. talk are killing the trollness of this thread.

Ins. fraud is wrong, ins. costs are too high, we all agree.

Now back to the troll story.

I want to hear more about welding a cracked motor with an arc welder and then see how loose the bearing for the water pump is or that it won't go back in because the metal was so thin it distorted the roundness of the hole.

:popcorn:

So i just bought a 2007 GSX-R 750 a couple nights ago, in a matter of three hours i laid it on it's left side pretty bad. I was making a left hand turn, in the middle of the turn i gave it too much gas and the back tire kept going straight and i fell on my left side, bike drug me for about 15 feet and ive got some serious bike rash on the left side of my body. Not really worried about myself the human body repairs itself...bikes however do not. The rear left tail light is hanging out along with the plastic piece that has the 750 part which is hanging by the lock wire. The bike is leaking anti-freeze and oil:( good news is i found the cause of the anti-freeze leak. I don't know what the part is called exactly so I'll post pictures and try to describe it the best way i can. The piece thats leaking the anti-freeze is round in shape. It has a thick black tube that goes from the intercooler to the round metal part thats leaking anti-freeze, Then from the leaking part another hose goes from there to the engine. I know thats a horrible way to describe it but i need someone to tell me what part this is. I've already taken out of the bike. I found a crack that I'm 90% sure its where the oil is leaking from. Also where the clutch petal is screwed into the frame of the bike has snapped off, bike still shifts gears it just needs to be welded back into place. There are also two hoses that are disconnected that im not sure where they go, Ive been looking for a service repair manual online but i cant seem to find one. Can anyone help me out?

umh....I would like to know the physics of that...

When I bought my Lancer, I was a few months shy of 21 and they waned $240 a month for insurance. I never had an accident, only 1 ticket at that time and that was it. Really, I hate the "categories" they put people in too. My driving record should show you I'm a good driver, not the other young punks that like to speed all the time out there. Why am I in that "category"? So, I can pay them money I never had to use.

Ok, on a more serious note...the way you describe this hole riding experience scares me...

3 hours on a bike - too much gas in a curve, "the body heals itself", no insurance, no gear....:eek:

man, don't worry about fixing the bike! Get your MSF class, your gear, insurance and THEN think about getting back on it.

How the fuck can you say you can weld something when you can't even figure out how to take off plastics that you can easily see are held on by bolts? :lol: Yeah, those are the hardest parts of bikes. They have Associate degrees you have to earn so you can have the knowledge to understand how to remove fairings.

The body heals itself...no insurance...no gear...how do I turn...what is a chain...:lol::nono:

He bought the 750 because he heard that it turns unlike the busa or zx14. Problem was it really did turn at a "slow" speed and cracked the motor.

Not everyone is as cool as busa or 14 owners.

has to be a troll. I can't believe no one called him out on this post:

engine starts fine, revs fine, and switches gears fine.

his bike is leaking coolant and oil, and he's running/revving the engine, and clicking it through the gears?

Somehow i doubt a guy who has owned a bike for 3 hours has a rear stand, so that means he was RIDING a crashed bike that's pissing antifreeze and oil right in the path of his rear tire!?

As I see it, the OP has 2 options:

1) post a picture of the damaged bike with a note in the shot that says, "Redkow is a skeptical asshole," and we'll call you a retard for, well, for being a retard, but we'll have a lot more helpful information.

2) refuse to post the pic proving this is legitimate, and be exposed as a (pretty uncreative) troll.

He bought the 750 because he heard that it turns unlike the busa or zx14. Problem was it really did turn at a "slow" speed and cracked the motor.

Not everyone is as cool as busa or 14 owners.

Shiiiiiiiiit! Don't even get me started on K7's! Those things were like trying to steer a bus through a slalom course. :D

Shiiiiiiiiit! Don't even get me started on K7's! Those things were like trying to steer a bus through a slalom course. :D

Oh yeah...and steering an aircraft carrier through a water ski slalom course is a kin to your zx14 turning.

Bring it son....B R I N G I T ! ! !

:lol:

I can grill hamburgers and cut out the fat on my 14! Can your K7 do that!? On our group rides we don't even have to go out to eat, we just pull over and I start grilling. That's why we can pull together such big groups...they love my burgers!

I can grill hamburgers and cut out the fat on my 14! Can your K7 do that!? On our group rides we don't even have to go out to eat, we just pull over and I start grilling. That's why we can pull together such big groups...they love my burgers!

.QFT.

DSC03429.jpg

I want to hear more about welding a cracked motor with an arc welder and then see how loose the bearing for the water pump is or that it won't go back in because the metal was so thin it distorted the roundness of the hole.

I had a hole welded in a motorcycle engine part once. It was the part between the head and the valve cover, that held nothing (oil gallery), above the camshaft. I took it to someone that had extreme experience with welding aluminum alloys.

It warped the part a little, and I had to file and sand it down to be flat again at the gasket surface. This was even after we properly raised the temperature of the part to try and avoid the warping.

The temperature cycles of the engine, made the bastard part expand unevenly, and it leaked oil at the gasket.

The same temperature cycles of the engine, eventually made the weld area crack, and leak even more.

I always wondered if I'd have been better off, if I'd have just coated it with a good epoxy.

I do realize, that there was no substitute for finding a good used or new part.

edit: and oh yeah, adding a second 919 only raised my insurance by 20 bucks....

and they threw a multi vehicle discount on my Jeep...

Edited by ReconRat

has to be a troll. I can't believe no one called him out on this post:

his bike is leaking coolant and oil, and he's running/revving the engine, and clicking it through the gears?

Somehow i doubt a guy who has owned a bike for 3 hours has a rear stand, so that means he was RIDING a crashed bike that's pissing antifreeze and oil right in the path of his rear tire!?

As I see it, the OP has 2 options:

1) post a picture of the damaged bike with a note in the shot that says, "Redkow is a skeptical asshole," and we'll call you a retard for, well, for being a retard, but we'll have a lot more helpful information.

2) refuse to post the pic proving this is legitimate, and be exposed as a (pretty uncreative) troll.

I had to read through 10 pages just to see you beat me to that conclusion.

Troll is exposed, dude went home crying.

Also... I think it's hilarious he said :

I will post more pics in a few minutes, i just got this Gixxer and have wrecked it only having it for 3 hours sucks, but those three hours riding had be addicted for life and i dont want to give up on it, Im sure its fixable.

Dude isn't even riding. He's pointing the bike in a straight line and cracking the throttle... Yeah that's loads of fun.

He said that he was planning on getting insurance, so I'm just saying that if he'd gotten insurance in the first place the bike would still probably be totalled. It's just a matter of doing a little "time travel" and getting insurance "before" the accident. This way, he won't kill himself on his poorly repaired vehicle.