New and sad story...

GSX-R

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck it, Im just going to try welding and a new water pump.

So I guess you have a aluminum welder just sitting around. If you around this area I would have you bring it to my shop but your not. Have someone that knows a thing or two take a close look at it before you f-it up.

C'mon guys. Nobody uses welders anymore. This is too predictable. Twenty minutes, he's gonna want to know how long the jb weld he just used is gonna take to set. At that point, flames become overpowering, and the trolls job is done.

C'mon guys. Nobody uses welders anymore. This is too predictable. Twenty minutes, he's gonna want to know how long the jb weld he just used is gonna take to set. At that point, flames become overpowering, and the trolls job is done.

Well how long does it take????????:D

Legal side, I think you have 30 days to buy insurance when you buy a vehicle... or maybe that's just cars... IANAL

It actually better - for new purchases, your current insurance co provides the same coverage for 30 days (there are some conditions, but minimal)

OP - please check with yr ins co - you may be covered

btw - the crack may be welded, but the inside finish will need to be machined to the correct surface finish

It actually better - for new purchases, your current insurance co provides the same coverage for 30 days (there are some conditions, but minimal)

OP - please check with yr ins co - you may be covered

btw - the crack may be welded, but the inside finish will need to be machined to the correct surface finish

thats exactly what i was thinking, weld the crack then machine the inside smooth so its surface level matches the rest of the inside tube. I almost 99% sure that would work, replacing the water pump shouldnt be an issue i already have it out.

I feel like everyone has been shying away from saying this...

You're a fucking dumbass if you think you are just going to weld that. Btw what welding setup do you have?

GSXR I heart your bike choice lol. Also i have seen many many gsxr's crash and u got screwed bad!!! I would deff try welding it and see if it can be done. If not its not too much $$$ for a used motor. If u need any help or have gsxr questions i can prob help u.

no insurance, was going to get it the following day but i was waiting to see if i wanted to keep the bike

It looks to me like this is a candidate for the get-insurance, total-it-out, get-new-bike, buy-old-bike-and-use-for-parts method.

Is insurance really that expensive to not get before buying bike? I got full coverage for like $50/month.