New and sad story...

GSX-R

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more worried about the rider. How you doin', GSX-R

and thanks yea im fine, got some pretty bad road rash on the left side of my body, but im more worried about getting the bike fixed than myself.

I think (read, I know) that you have thirty days to transfer your insurance when you buy a new vehicle, where your existing coverage carries over to cover new vehicle. You've got to have existing coverage for that to apply, though.

Like I said before, it is not always as simple as just welding something back together. There is now a crack there, on pretty solid metal. That could easily have stressed the rest of the case and could cause cracks other places. I would prefer to not give advice with just seeing those pictures. The damage might also not be as simple as you think, there could be cracks other places as it does not look like you have even taken the fairings off yet. Keep taking pictures so we can figure out what is going on with the shifter and those hoses.

I say epoxy that son'bit... and if that doesn't work use duct tape.

Seriously though you need someone who knows what they are looking at to see it in person. As stated above, offer up some niceties and see if someone will help.

damn...im pretty sure its the only crack, ill get the fairings off and take a closer look, any advice on take these fairings off, anything i should watch for, steps?

So...you don't know how to remove fairings, but you are going to attempt major engine repairs? Seriously you should take it to a shop...any bike shop should be able to look at it and see what you have broken and give you an estimate on cost to replace. Then go to EBay or CL and look for someone parting out a Gixxer 750 (should be fairly easy to find) and get your replacement parts and any spares that you think you may need. Definitely get it looked at by someone that knows what they are doing though because the damage may be more than what you are thinking. Good luck with the repairs, welcome to OR, and glad you are ok from the crash.