Beavercreek/WrightPatt tire change

Tigerpaw

Any suggestions on a place to get both tires changed this coming week? I would prefer somewhere very close to base, as the weather will most likely suck.

Any feedback on Sporty's Honda. I heard they are good and reasonable? I heard they work on all brands.

I did see the info on tire changes through dustin3485

**sidenote** is anyone here on base and going to the Friday Safety day? It would be cool to meet up. I will be attending with about 7 others.

I have heard mixed reviews about Sporty's but dont have any personal experience with them. I would say go to dustin because he can do it fast and could probably meet you anytime because he is pretty flexible. Just looked at the weather in the area today. doesnt call for any rain. Well, 10% chance, but that means nothing in Ohio

I think its 20 per tire plus tax and disposal, but I just take the old tire and throw it in their dumpster aroud the back when i leave.

Is this price good if I bring my own? Is this with wheels on or off bike? I just bought a set of Pirellis and have no means of removing the wheels.

wheels off bike. as for price it about the same everywere. I dont know about dustin (I hear good things) or his pricing you might want to check him out. give him a call and see what he can do. if you need help i live off of woodman not far from base. you can remove the wheels here with my stands.

wheels off bike. as for price it about the same everywere. I dont know about dustin (I hear good things) or his pricing you might want to check him out. give him a call and see what he can do. if you need help i live off of woodman not far from base. you can remove the wheels here with my stands.

I charge $23 a wheel and $40 for both. If you wanted to bring the bike up it's $75 to change the set and I adjust the chain free since the back wheel has to come off anyways.

Everyone has always told me tires unlimited was $35 a wheel, I've never called to verify that though.

I use a no mar tire machine and have a gravity balancer. It takes me about 30-40 min to change a set of wheels off the bike.

I work my day job in Huber Heights near 201/I70. If you can't make it up and wanted to drop the wheels off at work I can change the tires when I get home and at the shop and you can pick up the next day from my day job in Huber too..

Edited by dustinsn3485

I always go to tires unlimited off of needmore in dayton. if their not busy they can get it done fast.

I go there most times - buy tires online and head to TU for mounting.. Price is 30 bucks a tire. I rarely have had a problem with them. Once in a great while, the front balance job is a bit off, but when I take it back for rebalance they nail it. (btw - wheel off bike.)

So --- 4 stars (out of 5) for service. I buy my car tires there too.

Edited by mello dude

I went to Dustin. Price as advertised. F/R changed on bike in about an hour:D

I can't sayenough nice things.

Thanks Dustin!!!

Thanks!

Sorry I rushed ya at the end a bit. That guy had brought his daughter over to make sure she wanted the car and everyone showed up at the same time.

Glad you're happy with the work!

Thanks!

Sorry I rushed ya at the end a bit. That guy had brought his daughter over to make sure she wanted the car and everyone showed up at the same time.

Glad you're happy with the work!

So do you sell tires too or just mount and balance? Where are you at?

So do you sell tires too or just mount and balance? Where are you at?

I can get tires. I have a supplier that cuts me a bit of a break, a business that can get me a little better price, and a few websites that I check around to find the best price.

I prefer to not mess with buying them, but I will.

I'm in Tipp city.

Dustin -- Could you handle a tire job on a highly polished cruiser wheel without messing it up? Also balancing wise - can you use the "clip on" style weights that mount on the center ridge of the wheel? (Yeah, I'm talking about my big ass Valky beast.) - its the real wheel...

Edited by mello dude

I don't mind the highly polished part that's no problem. Its a no mar and they stand behind their product, so I will stand behind them.

I don't have any clip ons nor do I stock them so that could be an issue though.

Being a small shop, I just buy a box of stickies and keep them. If you wanted to pick up a handful of clip ons in various weights I will use them to balance it.